Lindsey

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts
  • Interests:Autos.
  • Company working for:U.S. Army Aviation/Civilian CFI

Posted 21 February 2018 - 17:45

There is an APL for LASIK and PRK and the pre surgery refraction limits. I highly recommend either of the two surgeries.

#42 Mcwilli

Mcwilli

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:28

Im a little concerned about my flight physical. Im active duty Air Force, and was wondering if I will get grief at my flight physical for a rod and two pens I have in my leg. I received a waiver from Meps when I entered, and I hope Ft. Rucker will honor that. Anyone know how that will play out at my flight physical?

#43 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:46

Im a little concerned about my flight physical. Im active duty Air Force, and was wondering if I will get grief at my flight physical for a rod and two pens I have in my leg. I received a waiver from Meps when I entered, and I hope Ft. Rucker will honor that. Anyone know how that will play out at my flight physical?

It will be re-evaluated, the medical standards for flight are different than general enlistment.

#44 Mcwilli

Mcwilli

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:54

Will I have to get all of my pre and post op docs again?

#45 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:32

Will I have to get all of my pre and post op docs again?

It would be best to have them on hand. If a waiver is required it almost always requires the medical documentation of the procedures to be submitted with it.

#46 daabears

daabears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 18:22

Deleted

#47 Nola Agent

Nola Agent

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Military, Real Estate
  • Company working for:Century 21

Posted 04 April 2018 - 20:24

Since my question is on this topic, i'll post here instead of starting a new thread.

Does the flight physical have to be performed by an Army flight surgeon or can one from another branch perform it? 

I live close to Keesler Air Force base and Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base New Orleans that's home to many different aviation units and I'm just wondering if I could get this done at either of these locations. If not, I'm only 5 hrs from Rucker and 4 hrs from Polk so it's not that big of an issue.

-Richard

• Dmurray likes this

#48 Lindsey

Lindsey

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts
  • Interests:Autos.
  • Company working for:U.S. Army Aviation/Civilian CFI

Posted 04 April 2018 - 22:43

You will save yourself exponentially more than 5 hours if youre able to just do it at Rucker.
  • Creep0321, Dmurray and Nola Agent like this

#49 Dmurray

Dmurray

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, Boards, Slow Subarus
  • Company working for:United States Army, 64E

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:38

You will save yourself exponentially more than 5 hours if youre able to just do it at Rucker.

This!

Schedule it at Rucker. It will be done correctly, to the standard they are looking for. If you go through Air Force or Navy, you could potentially have problems with what they do versus what Rucker wants to see.

The drive from Rucker to NOLA is not terrible either. Make a trip out of it, visit the Aviation Museum.......
  • Nola Agent likes this

#50 Nola Agent

Nola Agent

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Military, Real Estate
  • Company working for:Century 21

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:49

This!

Schedule it at Rucker. It will be done correctly, to the standard they are looking for. If you go through Air Force or Navy, you could potentially have problems with what they do versus what Rucker wants to see.

The drive from Rucker to NOLA is not terrible either. Make a trip out of it, visit the Aviation Museum.......

Noted! I'll try to get it scheduled at Rucker when its time. Thanks!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Content Spy

NFCVRForum200HomePrecisionVRForumHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200HeliHelmets-VR HomeSpectrum_VRHome200