The last two times its come out has been the Wednesday following the board. Though they also didn't have a snow storm suiting it those times.

We didn't have the snow storms, but we were among the furlough. If I was a bettin' man, I would say Tuesday next week. Any takers :)

Got selected for this WOFT board (so excited) and hopefully finding out bct/wocs dates soon. Anyways, I have a few questions for those of you who have been through all of this. Sorry if they've all been asked already - kind of hard to keep track. Would appreciate any input! Thanks!

1. Life as a WO? I understand that WOs are lesser in rank than all commissioned officers, but how does this operate in an aviation unit. By that I mean how does a more experienced WO pilot work with a less experienced, but higher ranking, commissioned officer.

And generally speaking, are WOs friends with commissioned officers, or is there a clear separation between the two? I've heard that enlisted personnel can't really be friends with officers (again, just things I've heard) and so I was wondering if the same policy applied to the WO-CO relationship.

2. As a 22 y/o single guy, does anyone have advice for where to live near Fort Rucker. On base? Off base? Do people ever have roommates? How did/do y'all like the Fort Rucker area?

3. For those who have gone through it, how did you find the whole BCT-WOCS experience? Hate it? Not mind it? Like it?

Thank you in advance to any responses and hope to see some of you soon at Rucker.

Got selected for this WOFT board (so excited) and hopefully finding out bct/wocs dates soon. Anyways, I have a few questions for those of you who have been through all of this. Sorry if they've all been asked already - kind of hard to keep track. Would appreciate any input! Thanks!

1. Life as a WO? I understand that WOs are lesser in rank than all commissioned officers, but how does this operate in an aviation unit. By that I mean how does a more experienced WO pilot work with a less experienced, but higher ranking, commissioned officer.

And generally speaking, are WOs friends with commissioned officers, or is there a clear separation between the two? I've heard that enlisted personnel can't really be friends with officers (again, just things I've heard) and so I was wondering if the same policy applied to the WO-CO relationship.

2. As a 22 y/o single guy, does anyone have advice for where to live near Fort Rucker. On base? Off base? Do people ever have roommates? How did/do y'all like the Fort Rucker area?

3. For those who have gone through it, how did you find the whole BCT-WOCS experience? Hate it? Not mind it? Like it?

Thank you in advance to any responses and hope to see some of you soon at Rucker.

Majority of the people in this specific forum are going to be people that have yet to attend flight school. Including myself.

I can tell you while Warrants are below commissioned officers, Warrants are the subject matter experts. So very possible for a 2LT fresh out of flight school to be in a crew where a CW3 is the pilot in command.

Warrants are a unique breed as I have seen them hanging around senior NCOs and also COs. Try not to worry to much about rank rather than making friends that will enhance your Journey and life.

My buddy is currently on his last leg of flight school at Rucker he tells me he lives off post in Enterprise as do most others. I cannot verify this only going off his word.

As for BCT, It's going to be stupid tedious stuff just get through the suck and know that you have an opportunity right after basic that others wont and that I wish I had 4 years ago.

I was unfortunate and missed this board will be on the May board. Hopefully see you at Rucker!

Rank is not an issue. Officers are in charge but will rarely go against the advice of a warrant officer in matters of aviation. In the cockpit the PC is in charge, again, rank doesn’t really matter. You can be friends with officers and enlisted, hang out outside of work, drink, party, whatever you want, as long as the understanding is that at work you operate within the appropriate rank structure. Never had any problems with that.

Living on post in flight school makes everything easier and saves you a ton of time, especially with 4am bus times.

Was that the earliest date available

Yeah it was. Kind of surprised me. I was planning on requesting to wait until the end of July to ship. I assume that the WOCS classes are getting clogged up with everybody they've been selecting. Makes me wonder if we're gonna have a lot of bubbles during our WOFT process.