Anyone else heard anything exciting for this group whom gotten accepted?

I have been attempting to wrap my head around moving to Rucker. My wife ships for basic in Oct. Home for Christmas Break..then heads to Rucker..

At what point do I need to start getting the house ready for moving from back here in Missouri to Rucker.we also have 2 cars and heard rumor she isn't able to drive to Rucker after Christmas Break? Kids schools... (I'm new to being Mr.Mom and a military spouse)

When I was in I was a young enlisted soldier and lived with the parents prior to entering. Back then I didnt have to worry to much about moving things,dog,kids, ect.

Nothing exciting for me. Do you know the details about Christmas? Do you think we'll be able to go home right after basic graduation and then come back the 1st of January or something? I was kind of excited how it looks like we should get to come home in between, but I haven't gotten my hopes up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nothing exciting for me. Do you know the details about Christmas? Do you think we'll be able to go home right after basic graduation and then come back the 1st of January or something? I was kind of excited how it looks like we should get to come home in between, but I haven't gotten my hopes up.

This has been another one of our wonders too.. I have no idea how the Christmas break works then reporting to Rucker after break...I am in hopes that the wife is able to drive her POV to Fort Rucker after the Christmas break for $$$ reasons.

I am attempting to figure out if you guys will be on leave for Christmas Break (if you opt to go in the hole for this leave) from Jackson after basic graduation...or from Rucker after BTC.

If it is from Jackson, will you have to report back to Jackson then be bused to Rucker after leave, or able to go straight to Rucker???

I have spoke with many people from Locally, Jackson, and Rucker...no one has any idea..to date. Maybe someone can chime in??

on a side note... That Private pay is going to SUCK being arround Christmas time... huge pay cut ....