Dual military while in BCT, WOCS, prior to WOFT

I am currently on time to submit for the March board pending age waiver approval. My wife and I are both active duty E-6's in the USCG. I was told a few days ago from my WO recruiter that I will continue to receive my BAH throughout training and remain an E-6. Can anyone confirm this for me? My wife has a hard time believing this information. My guess is that I would be TDY until after WOCS. Have any dual military gone through this program somewhat recently to shed some light? We plan for her and the family to try and co-locate with us once I PCS from flight school. There are a handful of bases that are near Coast Guard, and it will be based upon them for one more tour, I am hopeful, but realize the Army is a big machine. If I can go to JBLM, Hawaii, Hunter, or Drum the CG will work it out. Seattle would be the best location, I understand this is a large base, are there many going there from flight training? Obviously this is all tentative based on selection.

Thanks for any insight!

I was an Army E-6 prior to my selection. I received E-6 pay and BAH through WOCS until my appointment as WO1. You should receive the same when you go through.

I am not dual military. However, your move to Fort Rucker will be a PCS move.

As far as assignments go, you have got quite a long time before that is even a factor. Also, theres no telling where you will be sent. Some friends of mine got their first choice, others got second or third. While some, myself included, did not get anything on the wishlist. It is truly a toss-up, based on what the Army needs.

• Like 1