How long does it take to get a checkup at MEPS?

Hello everyone,

I've been having trouble so far getting an opportunity to get a checkup at MEPS for my PRK that I did in March. I took my SIFT back in November, and my recruiter has been trying to push my paperwork through to get a checkup and security interview at MEPS for the past 2 months. Since then, I've had to fill out some other forms for my surgery that were requested from MEPS, on top of other forms for my ophthalmologist to fill out. Since my last form that I've filled out, I've heard nothing from MEPS at all for the last month. My recruiter called me today to come in and fill out the new (to this year) transgender forms (saying that I'm the same gender that I was born with). He also said that if he doesn't get a response in the next 2 weeks, he is going to transfer me to a different station, which will be my fourth recruiting station. Back in November, we were really trying to make the March board, but at this rate, I'll be the luckiest man in the world if that happened. Is this all typical? How long did you all have to wait to get a MEPS checkup/physical if you did LASIK/PRK. Thanks everyone!

• Like 1