9 replies to this topic

#1 DaveC

DaveC

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:44

Just got the word from HRC that I'm heading to Belvoir untracked this spring. Anyone there who can give me a heads up on what to expect as a line PI/PC there?

See the light, push the button, get the banana.

#2 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Happy Hookers
  • Company working for:USARACKTRACK

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:49

Just got the word from HRC that I'm heading to Belvoir untracked this spring. Anyone there who can give me a heads up on what to expect as a line PI/PC there?

VIP 60s I would assume. I heard its a great gig. Lots of shoulder rubbing with the upper upper echelon. What equipment are you operating? Not a 72 right? Are you attaching to the 12th Bat or USAPAT?

Either way you are going to get a little taste of the Army public relations machine up there. West point visits, ROTC school visits, Congressman / Brass ferry, maybe even SECDEF from Andrews occasionally. I even think the 12th provides airlift support in some capacity for Arlington National Cemetery.

The base its self is quite nice. I actually got my class 1 at the hospital on Belvoir when I was processing for WOFT....Everything on that base is brand spankin' new.....The housing looked awesome aswell...Though, anything built after 1972 probably looks nice to me after being at Rucker.

Also, the Special Flight Rules Area (specifically the FRZ) around the national capital region can be a major pain in the ASSS. Besides that, Its a scenic area.

#3 stearmann4

stearmann4

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:13

Belvoir flies 60s, doesn't have anything to do with West Point, and spends a lot of time in the D.C. SFRA/FRZ. Your customers vary from general pax of convenience to flag level. The SFRA isn't difficult to operate in, just particular. After 6 months you'll know it like Rucker. I kind of enjoy it, there's very few pilots who get to experience flying down the Potomac at 100' past the monuments, over Arlington and abeam the CIA HQ. it never gets old.

The most difficult part will be your follow on assignment to a CAB somewhere.

Mike-
  • BM1 likes this

#4 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 13:52

Belvoir flies 60s, doesn't have anything to do with West Point, and spends a lot of time in the D.C. SFRA/FRZ. Your customers vary from general pax of convenience to flag level. The SFRA isn't difficult to operate in, just particular. After 6 months you'll know it like Rucker. I kind of enjoy it, there's very few pilots who get to experience flying down the Potomac at 100' past the monuments, over Arlington and abeam the CIA HQ. it never gets old.

The most difficult part will be your follow on assignment to a CAB somewhere.

Mike-

West Point Runs? Yes

VMI Runs? Yes

UH-72s on field? Yes .

But who cares right? B)

Byte-

#5 stearmann4

stearmann4

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 14:36

West Point Runs? Yes
VMI Runs? Yes
UH-72s on field? Yes .

But who cares right? B)

Byte-

Well, as the commander of aviation at West Point, I approve every request to land here, and there hasn't been one from Belvoir for the last 18 months. But who cares, right?
  • Lindsey, akscott60, Creep0321 and 1 other like this

#6 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 14:45

Well, as the commander of aviation at West Point, I approve every request to land here, and there hasn't been one from Belvoir for the last 18 months. But who cares, right?

So the 2nd is running brass in 72s now?

#7 stearmann4

stearmann4

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 14:47

That's all we do, and have been since 2006. SUPT up through SECDEF, and even former POTUS.

You need to check yourself..and your breadth of information. Not everyone on here is in flight school or a junior WO.
  • akscott60, Creep0321, rlfoster83 and 1 other like this

#8 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 14:59

Well for one, I know 72s sit on Davidson. I've operated within the SFRA and its a pain. But you got me on the smug West Point - point. I was told that the 12th Roams around the DMV and hits ROTC units/SMCs regularly and included a trip to USMA once a year.

#9 brackac

brackac

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 19:31

VIP 60s I would assume. I heard its a great gig. Lots of shoulder rubbing with the upper upper echelon. 

You have an interesting outlook on what makes for a great Army flying "gig". 

• ByteFlighter likes this

#10 DaveC

DaveC

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted Today, 00:19

That escalated quickly...

Thanks for the info, sounds like a nice terminal assignment.

See the light, push the button, get the banana.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

DevoreHome200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomePrecisionVRForumHome200Spectrum_VRHome200Able_VRHOme200Genesys VR Forum 200MaunaLoaVRHome200NFCVRForum200Home