4 replies to this topic

#1 DizzyD

DizzyD

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 23:39

A thread on the other board claims they have closed the doors for good, anybody have any info?

#2 Boatpix

Boatpix

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:04

I called and emailed the owner of LA Helicopters and got no reply.  I called an old friend (since 1990) in Torrance and he said there closing was "old news."   I'm curious as to why they failed and heard a rumor that some students were going to come from China and then didn't.  I reached out to the emails of the foreign agents that were listed on there website and got no reply either.   The building they were flying out of was original CSR aviation as I used them for photo until we put our own helicopter out there years ago.  We would lose students to them and I tried to impress upon the students that a job at the end is really what you are looking for and you should look at that track record or lack of it.  It seems that also Ocean Helicopters in Palm Beach County, Florida and Core Helicopters in Linden, New Jersey also seem to have closed recently.  If anyone has some information it makes fora good learning experience. 

Tom McDermott, manager
HelicopterAcademy.com/BOATPIX

#3 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:26

Hmm, long time flight schools closing, HAAP's moving to the airlines!

,...maybe the pilot shortage is finally coming? :o
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fifteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#4 superstallion6113

superstallion6113

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:Helicopters, Jeeps, snowboarding, mountain biking.

Posted 27 January 2018 - 17:15

My boss used to be the owner of LA Helicopters, and a co-worker was their DOM and part owner as well IIRC. I think they sold it off years ago to someone else. 

#5 Boatpix

Boatpix

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 23:15

Well the people they sold it to closed its doors a month or so ago.  Too much overhead.  Too high helicopter lease rates. Too few students.  Too low prices.  Owing a lot of people tuition money, rent money, helicopter lease payments in arrears. 

Tom McDermott, manager
HelicopterAcademy.com/BOATPIX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

UNDVRFTForum200VOLO_VRFT200Anthelion_VRFTForum200JerryTrimbleArkansas Helicopters VR FT200702HeliVRFT200GuidanceVRFTForum200Precision_FTForum200