May Slection Board

Im supposed to be on the March board, still waiting on physical though. Took it over a month and a half ago (no waivers or anything) and still haven't heard back.

Either you call Rucker or have the office that did your physical check on it. Mine was sitting complete for 2 weeks and no one told me or sent me anything.

• Like 2

Current Civilian USAREC Applicants:

Only 2 board ready packets showing for the MAR board. If you are suppose to be on this board, I wouldn't sweat it too much because there were a lot of last minute updates to the JAN board.

I have my civillian (non Army affiliated) packet about ready to drop. If I get it in this week (or next) could I reasonably expect to go before the March board?

Edit: typo

Im supposed to be on the March board, still waiting on physical though. Took it over a month and a half ago (no waivers or anything) and still haven't heard back.

I had some similiar problems. The solution was posted on the forum here:

http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/topic/21042-flight-physical/

It really helped out and I have the stamped/approved flight physical in hand.

I have my civillian (non Army affiliated) packet about ready to drop. If I get it in this week (or next) could I reasonably expect to go before the March board?

Edit: typo

Are you applying as a Civilian through a recruiting center? If they can get you in for a BN board prior to this board then I would say yes. The Jan board they were getting packets board ready the day prior to the board starting.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I apologize just going off of what it says "Warrant Officer Selection Board/Packet submission Schedule"

Shes triggered because you misspelled selection bud.

• Like 2

So found out some interesting news yesterday, they're pushing for 60% Street to Seat and 40% AD. Also was told they're not as focused on SIFT test scores because "they realized it doesn't have a big impact" and they're pushing about 290 and above for PT to have a chance. BUT this is just what I was told from a CW5 that talked to his friend at Rucker so it could be wrong... I will be retaking my PT until I get a 300 just to be safe though.

So found out some interesting news yesterday, they're pushing for 60% Street to Seat and 40% AD. Also was told they're not as focused on SIFT test scores because "they realized it doesn't have a big impact" and they're pushing about 290 and above for PT to have a chance. BUT this is just what I was told from a CW5 that talked to his friend at Rucker so it could be wrong... I will be retaking my PT until I get a 300 just to be safe though.

Sounds like the Army doing things wrong like usual. Street to seat is not the answer and APFT scores have little to no impact on the ability to be a good pilot.

they're pushing about 290 and above for PT to have a chance.

If you could get more info on this, that would be great. Is 290 a hard cutoff? As in, someone with a 289 will be DQd solely on this? I can't see that being possible.

I scored a 253 APFT last month and have been training still. I was going to retake it, but now I'm concered all of this is for nothing. I won't reach 290 if I retook it now.

Greeting everyone, I will be submitting my packet for procurement in the May selection board; here are my stats.

-GT: 118

-SIFT: 60

-APFT: 274

-MIL: 5 years AD Army SGT, Battalion NCO of the Quarter, Brigade Runner-up NCO of the Quarter, Schutzenshnur (Gold), GAFPB (Gold)

-Civ Ed: 63 credits toward my BA

-Physical: 1 Waiver, fort rucker stamped.

-LOR: CO (CPT), BN (LTC), CW4 Chief Warrant Officer

If you could get more info on this, that would be great. Is 290 a hard cutoff? As in, someone with a 289 will be DQd solely on this? I can't see that being possible.

I scored a 253 APFT last month and have been training still. I was going to retake it, but now I'm concered all of this is for nothing. I won't reach 290 if I retook it now.

Don't get to hung up on negatives or hear say. Always give your best. My wife scored under a 260 PT, 46 on sift,GED, and was accepted.
  • Like 2

have you been to B Co lately? Some many people getting grounded half way through common or even before? not saying a 300 or 290 is required but physical fitness is directly related to overall health and clearly there is something wrong. people getting permanently grounded before graduating flight school? unacceptable!

• Like 2

have you been to B Co lately? Some many people getting grounded half way through common or even before? not saying a 300 or 290 is required but physical fitness is directly related to overall health and clearly there is something wrong. people getting permanently grounded before graduating flight school? unacceptable!

Haven’t been there in a long time and don’t plan to be. There is nothing done at Rucker that requires a person to be able to get a 300. A reasonably healthy person that can pass a PT test and height/weight should have no problems. Aviation is a cakewalk physically compared to the real Army.

• Like 1

Havent been there in a long time and dont plan to be. There is nothing done at Rucker that requires a person to be able to get a 300. A reasonably healthy person that can pass a PT test and height/weight should have no problems. Aviation is a cakewalk physically compared to the real Army.

I did not say is needed in aviation. but there is no debate that out of shape people are prone to be injured or have health problems and we have lots of them here right now. Pretty sure there is a pt failure every selection pt test. so i can see why they might be looking to raise the standard.

Just got selected in the March board with a 234 pt and a 64 on my SIFT. I did have some pretty good LOR's, but I definitely didn't fit into those standards.

• Like 1

Hello everyone. I’m currently finishing my first year at Virginia Military Institute. I’ve always wanted to become a warrant officer pilot. Although I enjoy VMI and participating in Army ROTC. I have no plans to commission and would like to apply for WOFT after this year. My question is, do I have a good chance of getting in without a degree? If so, when should I apply? I finish school this May. Thank You!

-GT: NONE

-SIFT: NONE

-APFT: 290

-MIL: NONE

-Civ Ed: (High School) Fishburne Military School (College) 35 credits from Virginia Military Institute GPA (2.6).

-Physical: should be good…

-LOR: Army Special Operations (Lieutenant Genearal-Ret), 160th Flight Surgeon (LT Colonel- Ret) That’s what I have for now.

Hello everyone. Im currently finishing my first year at Virginia Military Institute. Ive always wanted to become a warrant officer pilot. Although I enjoy VMI and participating in Army ROTC. I have no plans to commission and would like to apply for WOFT after this year. My question is, do I have a good chance of getting in without a degree? If so, when should I apply? I finish school this May. Thank You!

-GT: NONE

-SIFT: NONE

-APFT: 290

-MIL: NONE

-Civ Ed: (High School) Fishburne Military School (College) 35 credits from Virginia Military Institute GPA (2.6).

-Physical: should be good

-LOR: Army Special Operations (Lieutenant Genearal-Ret), 160th Flight Surgeon (LT Colonel- Ret) Thats what I have for now.

Score as high as you can on your tests, secure some more good LOR's, and apply as quickly as possible. They're selecting everybody and their cousin right now, so submit while the getting is good. Just my two cents. Lol
  • Like 1