S 300

500E

Thing is, if for some strange reason you wanted to pay more for your training (and thus opt against the R22) why would you then opt for an even older (and more uncomfortable) design, when the Cabri is out there now with brand new technology?

Training in a 300 always used to be pretty close in price to a Robinson.

I spent a lot of hours in the 300 and I never found it uncomfortable. I certainly felt more comfortable on the inside. The 2 hours I spent in an R-22 confirmed why I avoided it like the plague.

A Cabri is brand new technology?

BTW, just the sight of an R-22 makes my eyes narrow and I grit my teeth a little bit.

• Like 1

I was at HAI Heli Expo several years ago when Sikorsky announced they would stop building that helicopter. I darted over to the Robinson Helicopter Company booth and suggested they buy the assets to keep the Chinese from buying that but they weren't interested.

Another buy-out by China, that's who's behind the curtain. State-owned Aviation Industry Corp of China (AVIC)

The S-300 is a popular training aircraft. With the sale of the line to Schweizer RSG, it will soon be produced under license by AVIC in China to support that country’s growing demand for trainers.

Name You Need to Know: Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC)

The HU-269 assembly line in Culver City, CA in the early '60s (Hughes Tool Company)

4VO2RMF.jpg

Link: Hughes 269A - History

Edited by iChris

I worked for Sikorsky in Horseheads, NY at the old Schweizer Aircraft facility as a Sea Hawk/Black Hawk Flight Inspector. Back in 2011 we had to inventory every single tool or piece of special equipment it took to manufacture an S-300, 333, or 433, to be packaged and sent to the SGH facility in Coatsville, PA, to potentially start a manufacturing line there. Soon after they shut the doors and closed down the old Schweizer building for good. Guess it all turned out to be hopes and dreams. From my understanding, the only reason Sikorsky bought Schweizer was for their patented rapid prototyping technology or something like that.