Information on LOR

Hi guys Im currently in the Marine Corps on active duty. For getting LORs do they have to come from pilots? Is there a specific rank that I need to have an LOR from and do they have to be in an army letter format or is it just going to be in standard naval letter format? Thanks in advance.

• ***USAREC Form 3.3 - (formerly USAREC Form 1936) - Warrant Officer Recommendation - Note: Both forms are still acceptable for packet submission

Go and download it from http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOpdownload_forms.shtml . This is the format they want, all forms can be found of here. Download the sample packet as well and it shows you e x a c t l y how to fill out everything.

Only stipulation in who the LORs come from is that one has to be a Senior Warrant Officer (CWO3 and above). The others can be from whoever. I got mine from my Squadron CO, a former OIC, an Air Force Colonel I worked with and an SES Civilian. Definitely use who you have.

• Like 1

Do they have to be pilots though? I dont really know any CWO pilots.

Straight from the USAREC Warrant Officer page “ Applicants from other military services may be interviewed by a field grade aviator from their branch of service if an Army aviator is not readily available. Army aviators will conduct the interviews whenever possible.”

• Like 1