• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 WOFThopefulAH64D

WOFThopefulAH64D

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Name should be WOCS hopeful, not WOFT recruiting civilians confused me.

Posted 29 January 2018 - 23:42

Good evening everyone,

Long time reader, mostly a lurker here...

I was wondering if anyone is/knows of a SWO on Ft. Riley that wouldn't mind giving a packet a once over, and sitting down for an interview that (hopefully) lands a LOR? Or, if not...  Perhaps someone knows a SWO that wouldn't mind doing a phone interview with a young SFC looking for a career change?

Thanks everyone!

• TeoerryNug likes this

#2 JH11B

JH11B

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Company working for:U.S. Army

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:02

Not to state the obvious but, have you went over to the airfield yet ? I dont know if the CAB there is deployed, however, there should be some pilots around you can talk too.
  • WOFThopefulAH64D likes this

#3 WOFThopefulAH64D

WOFThopefulAH64D

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Name should be WOCS hopeful, not WOFT recruiting civilians confused me.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:21

Ah, and here I thought I was being clever and resourceful to ask a specific question for many eyes to see. I am also not sure if the CAB is currently deployed, there are 64's and 60's flying around everyday so that tells me no? I have to go back over towards the airfield for phase 2 sometime in March, so I guess I will start kicking rocks over there in my spare time until someone asks what im doing in restricted areas.... (joking)

#4 JH11B

JH11B

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Company working for:U.S. Army

Posted 30 January 2018 - 13:26

I think most SWOs want to see you out seeking a LOR IMHO. I did it by going to one of the Aviation BNs parking lots at the start of lunch and looking for vehicles with blue cords (Ex infantry) then I waited in ambush! It was hard for me to find time to do it as well but definitely worth it now that Im selected.
  • WOFThopefulAH64D and ByteFlighter like this

#5 WOFThopefulAH64D

WOFThopefulAH64D

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 14:05

I think most SWOs want to see you out seeking a LOR IMHO. I did it by going to one of the Aviation BNs parking lots at the start of lunch and looking for vehicles with blue cords (Ex infantry) then I waited in ambush! It was hard for me to find time to do it as well but definitely worth it now that Im selected.

I like your target signature use to seek out Ex infantry, well played. Hopefully I can find some Ex 19K who know that once your PSG time is up on tanks you no longer have a meaningful job. its time to start exploring the blue skies if you want to have a new career with true meaning.

#6 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 15:09

Just don’t go in there asking for a SWO or they will send you over to the Air Force weather building.
  • WOFThopefulAH64D and ByteFlighter like this

#7 WOFThopefulAH64D

WOFThopefulAH64D

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 15:17

Just don’t go in there asking for a SWO or they will send you over to the Air Force weather building.

I'll be sure to ask for the last guy they saw with a coffee cup, mustache... and come to think of it i'll just ask for the guy they haven't seen in months. That should get me to whom I am looking for. Right? Everyone tells me CW5's don't actually exist, hell, I have yet to see one in person... ever.

#8 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Real autorotations.....?
  • Company working for:The Big Green Weenie

Posted 30 January 2018 - 20:21

Unicorns they are.

Walk up there. You have your mind in the right place. In my experience, the rated CW5s are pretty cool people. They are go-getters as well. You walking up there and being persistent should be looked upon favorably.

They will probably have a little fun with you first though..

#9 Luofynerd

Luofynerd

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Company working for:U.S. ARMY- AH-64D/E Technical Inspector

Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:47

I'll be sure to ask for the last guy they saw with a coffee cup, mustache... and come to think of it i'll just ask for the guy they haven't seen in months. That should get me to whom I am looking for. Right? Everyone tells me CW5's don't actually exist, hell, I have yet to see one in person... ever.

I just left fort riley four months ago Ill PM you.

#10 WOFThopefulAH64D

WOFThopefulAH64D

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:37

Roger that, thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Genesys VR Forum 200HeliHelmets-VR HomePrecisionVRForumHome200Spectrum_VRHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200NFCVRForum200Home