SWO LOR near Ft. Riley?

Good evening everyone,

Long time reader, mostly a lurker here...

I was wondering if anyone is/knows of a SWO on Ft. Riley that wouldn't mind giving a packet a once over, and sitting down for an interview that (hopefully) lands a LOR? Or, if not... Perhaps someone knows a SWO that wouldn't mind doing a phone interview with a young SFC looking for a career change?

Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

Ah, and here I thought I was being clever and resourceful to ask a specific question for many eyes to see. I am also not sure if the CAB is currently deployed, there are 64's and 60's flying around everyday so that tells me no? I have to go back over towards the airfield for phase 2 sometime in March, so I guess I will start kicking rocks over there in my spare time until someone asks what im doing in restricted areas.... (joking)

I think most SWOs want to see you out seeking a LOR IMHO. I did it by going to one of the Aviation BNs parking lots at the start of lunch and looking for vehicles with blue cords (Ex infantry) then I waited in ambush! It was hard for me to find time to do it as well but definitely worth it now that Im selected.

• Like 2

I think most SWOs want to see you out seeking a LOR IMHO. I did it by going to one of the Aviation BNs parking lots at the start of lunch and looking for vehicles with blue cords (Ex infantry) then I waited in ambush! It was hard for me to find time to do it as well but definitely worth it now that Im selected.

I like your target signature use to seek out Ex infantry, well played. Hopefully I can find some Ex 19K who know that once your PSG time is up on tanks you no longer have a meaningful job. its time to start exploring the blue skies if you want to have a new career with true meaning.

Just don’t go in there asking for a SWO or they will send you over to the Air Force weather building.

I'll be sure to ask for the last guy they saw with a coffee cup, mustache... and come to think of it i'll just ask for the guy they haven't seen in months. That should get me to whom I am looking for. Right? Everyone tells me CW5's don't actually exist, hell, I have yet to see one in person... ever.

Unicorns they are.

Walk up there. You have your mind in the right place. In my experience, the rated CW5s are pretty cool people. They are go-getters as well. You walking up there and being persistent should be looked upon favorably.

They will probably have a little fun with you first though..

• Like 1

I'll be sure to ask for the last guy they saw with a coffee cup, mustache... and come to think of it i'll just ask for the guy they haven't seen in months. That should get me to whom I am looking for. Right? Everyone tells me CW5's don't actually exist, hell, I have yet to see one in person... ever.

I just left fort riley four months ago Ill PM you.
  • Like 1