Question when it comes to leaving basic for WOCS. Some are saying that you have to report the next day to Rucker, some are saying there is about a week in between- meaning it is treated differently than AIT. The family is not moving until after WOCS- so does anyone have any feedback on how it works?

Should the family move before WOCS?

Thanks

• Like 1

Here was my schedule:

Graduated BCT at Benning on May 4th. Bus to Rucker with other O9W's and guys coming to Rucker for AIT May 5th. Signed in at HHC by 1400. Moved in to HHC barracks. Had weekend off and went drinking all weekend. In-processed post Monday and Tuesday. Lockdown by Wednesday, across the street to 1st WOC on Monday.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Here was my schedule:

Graduated BCT at Benning on May 4th. Bus to Rucker with other O9W's and guys coming to Rucker for AIT May 5th. Signed in at HHC by 1400. Moved in to HHC barracks. Had weekend off and went drinking all weekend. In-processed post Monday and Tuesday. Lockdown by Wednesday, across the street to 1st WOC on Monday.

Was the bus to Rucker from basic mandatory? I just ask as I'm in a similar situation, heading to Benning in 2 weeks for basic. I've seen varying answers here on if street to seaters are allowed to drive themselves to Rucker for WOCS if they have their car after basic graduation. Hear that it makes your life a bit easier trying to round up all the stuff you need for WOCS.

Side note, Pa? Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, or somewhere in between? From Philly myself.

Was the bus to Rucker from basic mandatory? I just ask as I'm in a similar situation, heading to Benning in 2 weeks for basic. I've seen varying answers here on if street to seaters are allowed to drive themselves to Rucker for WOCS if they have their car after basic graduation. Hear that it makes your life a bit easier trying to round up all the stuff you need for WOCS.

Side note, Pa? Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, or somewhere in between? From Philly myself.

Call HHC. They are trying to get some of these things fixed after the cluster that happened with my class.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Where do the female WOFT applicants typically go for BCT?

​I question this given the possible holdover time after basic..waiting for security clearance to be approved. It would be nice if the wife was closer to home vs across the country during that time period.

Jackson typically. But you will be a holdover at Rucker, not BCT.

This was almost 10 years ago but things don't usually change too much. I graduated from Ft Jackson and had the option to have my family drive me down to Rucker or take the bus with the AIT soldiers. I opted to take the bus to simplify my family's visit at graduation, and also just just rip the bandaid off and not deal with long goodbyes again.

Anyways, I don't know why but we ended up at Rucker right before starting, so we didn't even get a weekend off. The guys from Benning got there the week before. Must have just been the way the timelines worked.

Edited by SBuzzkill

We had guys complete WOCS without a security clearance. Perhaps they had an interim, Im not sure. But after graduation they had to take off the shoulder boards and put E-5 rank back on. Once they get their clearance they will receive promotion orders to W-1. Probably five in my class that are in holdover status.