Flight Physical

My husband was picked up in the January/February board. His recruiter was waiting for him to get picked to renew his flight physical (which has now expired). His report date is Oct 1 (because of the physical). Does any one know how hard it is to get in for a flight physical? His recruiter is making it seem like its almost impossible to get anyone to schedule him. We are praying he can get it done asap so he can make it to Basic next month instead of October.

• Like 1

I would advise that he contacts the MTF(Military treatment facility) that did his last physical and try and push the renewal himself. They should able to see his old physical in AERO med and not have too much trouble giving him a timeline, but bear in mind many flight surgeons are very in demand, it took me an active duty service member 6 months to get a physical completed.

Kind of a related question - does it always take long for the flight physical to come back stamped from Rucker? The flight surgeon told me I didn't need any waivers when I did the second part of the physical. He said it should come back within a week or two. It's been almost a month since my physical was completed, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

The amount of time required is varies greatly depending on many variables. Somewhere from one week to three months is normal. If you have access to a NIPR computer there is a portal to check your physicals status. Also where you had it done can have a huge impact, some clinics only check AERO Med once a week.

If you're not seeing any movement after awhile you can always call Ft Rucker Aero-med at 334-255-0750.

Thanks for the information. The website stated my flight physical was still in process. I called the number, and the lady stated she would try to get it pushed for review today. This forum is amazing.

Does anyone know where we can find the number to call at Fort Polk? We can't find it. And apparently the recruiter keeps leaving voicemails and hasn't gotten a response in a week.

I assume you mean Fort Rucker?

See dawx26582’s post for one option the other is too call the USAREC liaison Mr Garcia (334) 255-3233 I sent you a PM with his email as well.

I falsely assumed you were at the next step trying to get the physical approved. (337) 531-2579 Should be the aviation medicine number if not just call the main hospital number at (337) 531-3118 and ask for the number