• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#21 gb16

gb16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 16:52

They made their notes/comments and verbally confirmed their recommendation at the end of my interview.

Whats the usual wait time to hear back from the Battalion board? I see some people hear back same day, some it takes a couple of days. Mine was Friday and my recruiter hasnt heard anything back in regards to my board grade or anything yet.

#22 redlightning54

redlightning54

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 22:03

Yeah they didnt do that for mine. I was the first one in and they had like 6 more behind me so dont know if that was the reason or if they just do it differently where you are. Fingers crossed.

#23 originalusernameisoriginal

originalusernameisoriginal

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:18

Hey everyone. After trying to make it to the last three selection boards and going through a lot of BS, I finally got confirmation from my regional recruiting BN that my packet is correct and completed, is at HRC, and will be at the July Selection. I have a DD368 approved that expires about 2 weeks after the selection board so I'm really hoping to get picked up. 

GT:  137

SIFT:  68

APFT:  253

LOR:  Army CW4 Aviation, Army CW3 Aviation (Retired), Navy O5 non-aviation

Flight Time:  None

Flight Physical:  Stamped, no-waivers

Education:  AA English 4.0GPA; BA Government and Public Service 3.89 GPA

Military:  AG2/E5 Navy Reserves (coming up on 4 years in) I'm a weatherman with my forecasting qual and some active duty experience forecasting. 

#24 redlightning54

redlightning54

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 22:24

Officially recommended by the Battallion board! Let the waiting game begin!
  • mBeck likes this

#25 redlightning54

redlightning54

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:53

Found out today that I scored a 70/75 in my battalion board interview with a 22/25, 24/25, and 24/25. Not sure if passing is passing or if the score itself holds weight or not. Just anxious and ready for this next month to be over!

#26 freebeerforvets

freebeerforvets

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:46

My packet is in and my battalion board is next Tuesday so if that goes well looks like Ill be up for the July board with all of you. Does anyone have any battalion interview advice?

#27 Captainstank056

Captainstank056

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 16:49

GT: 115
SIFT: 58
APFT: 250
LOR: O3, O5 (his recommendatiom was very strongly worded), FT. Bliss CWOB CW5
Flight time: zilch
Physical: H2 Hearing exception
Education: 34 Credits toward Associates in General Studies (updating to 40 credits)
Military: 6 years AD SGT, EIB, CIB, Unit Movement Officer qualified, Soldier of the Month, Commandants List BLC, 2x AAM, 2x ARCOM, 2x AGCM and various other cookie cutter awards NO NCOER AS OF YET STILL WITH HQDA AND WILL PROBABLY MOT MAKE IT TO UPDATES

I have been informed of Board Ready status. I have been very anxious awaiting this entire thing and have been reaching out to anybody and everybody about it. I fear the lack of NCOERs can hinder me (I am awaiting approval of a very strong NCOER) and my average test scores as well. I am usually a 270+ PT guy but between PCS, baby, and constant work with no PT time in the morning, Ive slipped. Would it be worth submitting an updated DA61 with a new 265 PT score? My CW5 sat on the last board and he told me it wouldnt be much unless I hit a 270+ but I havent had an opportunity to have a PT test so Im stuck at 265

#28 adriel0491

adriel0491

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 23:40

I was promoted to SGT on December16 and selected on July17. Did not have an ncoer and was First time selected (it was like 90% selection rate though).I emailed proponent with the very same question and they said not to worry about the lack of ncoers and submit as is.
  • wheelsup and adriel0491 like this

#29 wheelsup

wheelsup

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 20:03

I was promoted to SGT on December16 and selected on July17. Did not have an ncoer and was First time selected (it was like 90% selection rate though).I emailed proponent with the very same question and they said not to worry about the lack of ncoers and submit as is.

Same here. I was a brand new E-5 with no NCOER's. Got selected

#30 freebeerforvets

freebeerforvets

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 20:47

Good luck everyone. My packet took forever but my Board is finally here!

GT:  133

SIFT:  79

APFT:  276

LOR:  (All Air Force) O-6, O-5, Aviator O-5 (HH-60), Aviator O-4 (HH-60), O-3.

Flight Time:  Private Pilot's License, 62.5 Hrs

Education:  Associates Degree, Airman Leadership School, 3.5 years of Bachelor's done.

Physical:  Approved, LASIK waiver approved.

Military:  SSgt/E5 USAF Reserves, aircraft mechanic.

I haven't seen my interview score but it went well, did you find out through your recruiter?

Time to wait, this is the worst part!

#31 jswan89

jswan89

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 15:42

This wait is driving me nuts! I'm expecting the USAREC board to convene on the 23rd. Can anyone clarify when the board is for civilians this month? Thanks!

#32 redlightning54

redlightning54

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:53

Im assuming it is the same date. Cut off dates for civilians were slightly different but I believe the actual board date should be the same.

*Edit* I called my recruiter just to recheck and make sure everything was good with my packet for the board, and he said it was good to go and Ill be hearing back the week of the 7/23, so yes its the same!
  • jswan89 likes this

#33 Captainstank056

Captainstank056

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 19:36

I emailed HRC to expedite the ncoer and they actually came through for me but the day after the deadline for updates so I sent it in anyway and emailed Special Boards Branch. The CW5 told me it was late but he updated anyway and gave me a little sentence about the importance of being on time but all in all I think Im looking great now! But thanks for the reassurance

#34 redlightning54

redlightning54

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 22:14

Little under a week until the July board convenes, good luck to everyone next week!

#35 Captainstank056

Captainstank056

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:29

Ive been checking this thread over and over to see if anybody else is anxious but it seems like not as many people on here are on this board like I am but yeah good luck to everyone who is trying this board!

#36 gg23

gg23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 15:24

Anyone know if it's possible to find out during the week of the 23rd? Or do you have to wait until the entire board finishes for an official result?

#37 freebeerforvets

freebeerforvets

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 17:56

I'm anxious as well but looks like decent odds this round! I got a little intel today if any of you are interested,

- Last couple of boards have been 100% select rate

- Last board had 21 applicants, this board shows 40

- Last select/non-select memo came out 3 days after board has started

- Last board stats:

• Average GT: 121
  • Average GPA (College)= 3
  • Average SIFT: 56
  • Average APFT: 261
  • # with HS diploma: 11
  • # with associates: 1
  • # with bachelor's: 7
  • # with grad degree: 2

#38 mBeck

mBeck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 18:15

Ive been checking this thread over and over to see if anybody else is anxious but it seems like not as many people on here are on this board like I am but yeah good luck to everyone who is trying this board!

I'm super anxious/excited!! I've been in this process so damn long I'm excited it's finally happening! hahah good luck!

#39 Captainstank056

Captainstank056

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 18:37

<p>

I'm anxious as well but looks like decent odds this round! I got a little intel today if any of you are interested,

- Last board stats:

I keep reading about the 100% street to seaters but Im nervous because the AD selections are never 100% so even with good credentials I still worry a ton haha

Edit: btw didnt mean to make that sound braggy at all

#40 redlightning54

redlightning54

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:21

Awesome info! Gonna be a long week of anxiously waiting!

<p>

- Last board stats:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

NFCVRForum200HomePrecisionVRForumHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeBE_VRHome200Spectrum_VRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200