fixed-wing add on

night

I'm currently a private helicopter pilot and I heard about the fixed-wing add on rating. How does that work exactly? I've read somewhere that it's possible to go from a private fixed wing to a commercial helicopter add on. Maybe I'm mistaken, but is it possible for me to get a commercial fixed-wing add on?

Okay, the FAR's refer to "powered flight" and you'll need 150 hours minimum of "powered flight" for a commercial rating and this can be made up of any combo of heli and airplane. So, if you have 50 hours in heli, you'll need another 100 hours of powered flight of flixed and rotor. With the private helicopter rating you'll probably need 20 hours of dual and ten hours of solo and a one hour checkride for a total of 31 hours for the private fixed wing add on. For the commercial fixed wing add on you will need a minimum of 55 hours in the fixed wing and a minimum of 150 hours total of powered flight.

So now all you gotta do is join the military, become a pilot, fly for them for what, six years after flight school, I think, then you'll be qualified for Skywest's transition program. B)

• 2 weeks later...