TigerTugsFrasca VRForum468VOLO_VRHome200Helicopter Academy
- - - - -

Distracted pilot plus night plus low level equals,...?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 10 March 2018 - 16:48

The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fifteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#2 vertrefadmin

VR Veteran Poster

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Company working for:Self

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:38

Good read and good points to be learned from this accident.

"An accident fueled by complacency with a very lucky pilot.

It was still dark when the pilot lifted off from the small county airport at 5 AM on Saturday, February 24, destined for the 1,100-acre almond orchard she and the other two pilots on contract were responsible for protecting on a frost control contract. The horizon was barely visible as she climbed to 300 feet, per her altimeter.

On the ground, she had already loaded the moving map image that outlined the orchard and she knew which section of it she was supposed to cover. But as she headed to the orchard about a mile away, the moving map wasn’t indicating her position, making it impossible for her to determine where she was in relation to it......."

Posted Image

Lyn Burks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

NFCVRForum200HomeGenesys VR Forum 200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200Spectrum_VRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomePrecisionVRForumHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200