40 replies to this topic

#41 iChris

iChris

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 20:16

I could see this being a problem for utility. Power line inspections and aerial ignition both involve people hanging out of doors in harnesses.

Anyone else see some unintended consequences that I'm missing?

I know it says quick release or mitigation but they did have strap cuttersnfrom what I read so that must not qualify as mitigation.

A supplemental passenger restraint system must not require the use of a knife to cut the restraint, the use of any other additional tool, or the assistance of any other person. A supplemental passenger restraint also must not require passenger training beyond what would be provided in a pre-flight briefing.https://www.federalr...2018-06096/p-11

There still may be a question regarding persons normally not considered passengers. Notwithstanding that, all restraint systems should meet the requirements of this order.

(1) flight crewmembers

(2) crewmembers 

(3) person performing an essential function in connection with flight operation; or 

(4) Is necessary to accomplish the work activity directly associated with that operation.

Edited by iChris, 25 March 2018 - 21:03.

Regards,

Chris

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Content Spy

HeliHelmetsAMTC - GeneralNFCVRGeneral200MaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200BE_VRGen200Genesys VRForum200_GeneralSpectrum_VRGeneral468PrecisionVRForumGeneral200