CG E to Army W

Curious about transitioning from CG enlisted to Army warrant.

Just a little about myself:

I'm a 31 year old E-5 Avionics Tech on C130s with 6 years in. I have an associate's of science, working on a bachelor's. As part of my job, I'm also a Navigator on C130s with about 700 hrs of flight time, hoping to get upgraded to instructor soon. I'm married with twin boys.

Like I said just curious if my background will help me, and what I could expect, before and after, if I decide to make the swap.

I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this, and especially anyone who has any advice.

Thanks,

P

• Like 1

Im an ME and have been selected already. Was supposed to leave already but broke my finger and got put on hold. Going to MEPS in the next few weeks. I have 0 flight time and no degree and got selected. So all of that helps Im sure but not nesisary. Shoot me a message and Ill help best I can. Translating everything from Army to CG to fill it out properly was kind of a pain.

How many years active federal service? Changes are in the works to drop it from 12 yrs to 8 and extend initial adso to 8 years from 6 to fix shortages that come from us guys who skirted in just shy of 12 and getting out. Your flight time will help your studying. Will do little for your chances. There are simply too many people needed for it to matter. Dont wait for better quals or a rating. You may end up over quallified and a shoe in for an entry level position but disqualified cause of too many years of service/age.

How many years active federal service? Changes are in the works to drop it from 12 yrs to 8 and extend initial adso to 8 years from 6 to fix shortages that come from us guys who skirted in just shy of 12 and getting out. Your flight time will help your studying. Will do little for your chances. There are simply too many people needed for it to matter. Dont wait for better quals or a rating. You may end up over quallified and a shoe in for an entry level position but disqualified cause of too many years of service/age.

Thank you for the response.

I'm only at 6 years overall.

Doing some preliminary research it sounds like LORs are the most important factor these days. Would you say that's accurate?