Army Nat Guard.- how long to get a flight school seat after WOCS

For Army National Guard WOFT applicants...

Is an individuals flight school start date determined after graduating WOCS or before attending WOCS?

Also, how long did it take to get into flight school after graduating WOCS?

• Like 1

You'll have your WOBC date prior to getting to WOCS if I'm not mistaken. After WOCS you have to do WOBC, SERE, and dunker before you get to common core. We graduated WOCS on 22 Feb and some of our guard class mates have started showing up this week to start WOBC next week. It really will depend on alot of things, but that should give you some idea.

I was told by the unit I'm (hopefully successfully) boarding with next week that they can either send someone to WOCS and have them come back and wait for an available slot to open up for the rest of the curriculum, or they can have one drill as a "W.O.C." and then time their WOCS seat with the rest of the curriculum when a slot becomes available.

I assume this is because it's easier for the Guard to get WOCS seats than seats in the entire flight school curriculum, considering there are many more WOs than just aviators.

Mike

For Army National Guard WOFT applicants...

Is an individuals flight school start date determined after graduating WOCS or before attending WOCS?

Also, how long did it take to get into flight school after graduating WOCS?

It all depends on your states ability to secure a flight school slot. I had a for sure WOCS seat, but was on a shortfall list for flight. Luckily an opening came free just under a month post WOCS grad.