Butters Dream job

RagMan

Yeah, whenever the eyes disagree with the balance canals and other proprioception, breakfast gets expelled.

So if you get seasick, find a spot where you can see the horizon, so your eyes agree with the rest of the pitching and rolling. If you are in your cabin where the eyes say "nothing is moving" your dinner will move soon after.

I've been on (and slept on) boats both large and small and I don't get sea sick. I don't get sick riding on an airliner,...even in turbulance.

I love being high up, always get the highest room I can at a hotel, loved walking out on the roof of the Contemporary Hotel at night to look up at the stars (and down on the water parade) last time I as at Disney World, love walking across the Golden Gate Bridge (go right to the edge and look over) same on cruise ships!

,...my legs on the other hand, always turn to jello when I do these things, so its like I have to force them to take me out there!?

I still get sick in the back seat of a car on windy roads, but not in the font passenger seat?

I don't get sick on roller coasters,...except for Batman at Magic Mountain don't know why that one always does me in?

The human body is a strange and f*cked up thing!

• Like 1

Well, positions filled.

I guess they needed two desperate lowtimers. I wonder if they'll share the same cardboard box under the same freeway overpass? One thing is for sure, there gonna run into each other a lot at the dollar store,...and wherever you get food stamps these days.

Yeah mom, after all that training and money I make $12 bucks an hour and live in a cardboard box under the freeway, but hey, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas,...along with my dignity and self respect!

,...of course the fact that they didn't even consider old butters for such a prestigious position doesn't help my ego much either!

• Like 1

Well, positions filled.

I guess they needed two desperate lowtimers. I wonder if they'll share the same cardboard box under the same freeway overpass? One thing is for sure, there gonna run into each other a lot at the dollar store,...and wherever you get food stamps these days.

Yeah mom, after all that training and money I make $12 bucks an hour and live in a cardboard box under the freeway, but hey, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas,...along with my dignity and self respect!

,...of course the fact that they didn't even consider old butters for such a prestigious position doesn't help my ego much either!

Or it may be a means to an end for someone with a positive attitude. They may find themselves flying an EC130 in the Canyon in short order after building some time and paying off their flight training witb that money. Then many other opportunities will present themselves.

My start in commercial aviation was an airplane job at $15/hr. By the time I left it was $50/hr. It ended up paying in the long run.

My start in commercial aviation was an airplane job at $15/hr. By the time I left it was $50/hr. It ended up paying in the long run.

,...if you can survive the short run!

I've lived in my car while making "means to an end wages" it ain't fun. :(

,...if you can survive the short run!

I've lived in my car while making "means to an end wages" it ain't fun. :(

So maybe living with mom making $12/hr will prevent the cardboard box (or car) living lifestyle for these new helo pilots. On the front end are desperate lowtimers. The back end produces pilots with more to offer future employers.

I spent about two years making pretty low wages. It was one of the most fun times of my career (obviously had nothing to do with the low wages lol). Once I had a better paying tour job I paid off my loans then found a niche in the industry that pays very well. You could complain about it while someone else gets it done and moves on. I’m not advocating for low wages; however, there’s something to getting it done and moving on.

I spent about two years making pretty low wages. It was one of the most fun times of my career (obviously had nothing to do with the low wages lol). Once I had a better paying tour job I paid off my loans then found a niche in the industry that pays very well. You could complain about it while someone else gets it done and moves on. I’m not advocating for low wages; however, there’s something to getting it done and moving on.

What is your niche?

My niche is precious long line most of the year and fire fighting in the summer. Its very rewarding and fun work. My advice would be to do something you enjoy.....if it so happens to be something not many people do, then youre in luck!

Amen to that! That's awesome! Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. I'm thankful every day I drive to work.

• Like 1

So maybe living with mom making $12/hr will prevent the cardboard box (or car) living lifestyle for these new helo pilots. On the front end are desperate lowtimers. The back end produces pilots with more to offer future employers.

If mom happens to live in Vegas, sure, go for it,...just don't let chicks know you still live at home.

• Like 1

Many people succeed with a can do attitude.

,...and many people fail because they're not prepared for reality.

For what its worth (and I hate to admit this considering how much disdain I have for the industry) I probably would have taken the job too if it had been offered to me.

,...and many people fail because they're not prepared for reality.

For what its worth (and I hate to admit this considering how much disdain I have for the industry) I probably would have taken the job too if it had been offered to me.

No doubt. Reality can be a pretty harsh teacher.

Work always has tough moments but I would encourage those with the desire to fly helos to persevere. The reward is well worth it in the long run.

NOOOOO, we dont need anymore pilots flooding the bottom end of the industry!

IMO, Butters is doing us all a service, each person he turns off.

Hmm, I take it Novictor went with someone else? There's possibly still the one in Cocoa Beach, or maye New Orleans?

,...unless you were one of the two "chosen" for the Vegas high roller gig? :o

Oh yeah, almost forgot, Old City's on the board again too. Seems to be plenty of work ths season for you raven drivers!

Edited by r22butters

I went ahead and sent them a resume too (even began it with Aloha) not sure why though considering I already talked with them a few years ago, where after a nice long interview, she found out I wasn't a cfi, and was basically, thanks, but no thanks, we only hire cfi's.

All in all (despite my disdain for the industry) I've actually sent out nine resumes this season. Yep, that's right, I hate commercial flying, yet I still send out resumes!? Not really sure why, maybe because I'd like to get an offer by someone who doesn't turn out to be a complete dick! Even if I ended up turning him down, or just working one season then going back to the truck.

I actually did get one bite, he said he wanted to meet at the Expo to talk about the position,...then he never showed! Just another dick I guess.

Anyway, a seasonal 44 gig near mom's house? Mom live's in the wrong state for me :(