23 replies to this topic

#21 Discap

Discap

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 16:58

500E I saw that ship at HEI in 2017.  I will be surprised if it ever gets to production.  They are making their own turbine and everything else.  I'll believe it when I see it.  I won't buy it however until it has a lot of time and parts distribution etc.

Still Learning

#22 500E

500E

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Interests:Sailboats cars helios electronics
  • Company working for:Owner 50 + years

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:45

As you say  @Discap time will tell but as I said  "but you never know till you see & fly them" the concept is good it seems to be a thought through project

As you have seen one what was your overall impression.

Some major helicopter manufacturers parts supply leaves a lot to be desired it cant be much worse, over the last 5+ years we have torn our hair out.

The hours flown i totally agree with you lets see a few,  the electric back up (dynastart) concept seems feasible, parts pricing could be an issue.

It would seem that someone has put a fair amount of time & money into the project  I wish them luck,

They need to get on top of sales, I know someone in France has not had a response to an email enquiry

Fly the dream fly 500

#23 Discap

Discap

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 22:33

These guys are pouring money into the project. Without getting into specifics they have developed (and delivered) a Lycoming based engine with water cooled head and cylinders. The machine work and finish is fabulous. It makes a lot of power and the CHT never changes. Unlike most of the kit helis out there it is apparent that real engineers have designed this ship.

On the rigid rotor head the “spring plates” for lack of a better term are actually a stack that allows for more than one to fail and the ship keeps going. Very few casting mostly items machined from billet.

Still Learning

#24 500E

500E

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Interests:Sailboats cars helios electronics
  • Company working for:Owner 50 + years

Posted 16 May 2019 - 15:28

The head seems to be a bit of 500 strap pack technology with the multiple redundancy.

The lack iof castings seems to be a feature of Eastern European design same as the AK3

Fly the dream fly 500

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

FreeFlight_General200LakeSuperiorGeneral200Genesys VRForum200_GeneralBLR Gen 200MaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200PrecisionVRForumGeneral200Spectrum_VRGeneral468HeliHelmets