41 replies to this topic

#21 JD225

JD225

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 15:54

Went to MEPS last month. They told me they had another PS-BCT in Feb. so I dont know where yall are hearing this about PS BCT being shut down. From what I heard they just do a few a year. I couldnt go to it since my WOCS starts jan. Unless they canceled my orders and put me in a later one but that would have messed up a lot since Im active duty Coast Guard and had orders to transfer already. So they have me going to Jackson in oct. Any other prior service people going to be there?
  • Rat_Taylor likes this

#22 AkAr

AkAr

Student Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 22:21

Combat Arms in the Air Force are security forces troops who teach other Airmen how to shoot. They also staff the armory. It sounds cool to say combat arms, but it's really nothing special.

#23 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:USMC Infantry, Lawyer(ish)

Posted 13 June 2018 - 15:13

I was being facetious. I have a friend who was a TAC-P, he did a helluva lot more cool-guy sh*t than I did. Pretty sure TAC-P, CCT, and PJs don't have to go to PSBCT. 

Mike

#24 Ac1001

Ac1001

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Company working for:Aerospace

Posted 13 June 2018 - 18:06

The Army got rid of Prior Service Basic. Everyone (unless you are a prior Marine, special operations and some other fields) has to go back through the regular Army 10 week Basic. 

#25 gravityrideseverything

gravityrideseverything

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Company working for:U.S. Coast Guard

Posted 13 June 2018 - 23:22

I was told PSBCT is still kicking.

#26 BM1

BM1

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 23:32

What? A government organization putting out conflicting information? Thats unprecedented for the Army.
  • mike0331 and Thedude like this

#27 Nsavage

Nsavage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 00:30

Any recent PS selectees out there get notified if you are attending a 6 week PSBCT or the full BCT before WOCS?

-Chris
  • Agledbetter likes this

#28 Mcwilli

Mcwilli

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:54

Im attending 10 week bct in January.

#29 zack.colorado

zack.colorado

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 14:18

I got picked up by a guard unit and have been given an informal timeline that didnt include BCT at all. Ive been separated from the army for 7 years. What service were you and how long have you been separated?
  • PFC Nutt likes this

#30 Mcwilli

Mcwilli

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 14:23

Im AD Air Force.

#31 tangowhiskey

tangowhiskey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 15:16

I went through BCT with a prior service guy years ago. They gave him his own room in this empty storage closet and let him keep his phone in there. He could leave after dinner every day when we were sitting there doing stupid sh*t for hours. So even if it isn't PS BCT, it probably won't be as dumb.

#32 nil5038

nil5038

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 00:00

Just out of curiosity where is ps-bct? and where do non prior service go for the full bct typically? 

#33 tangowhiskey

tangowhiskey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 00:53

Just out of curiosity where is ps-bct? and where do non prior service go for the full bct typically? 

Psbct was at leonard wood im pretty sure. And woft bct theyll probably send you to jackson

#34 Willhp

Willhp

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:00

Psbct was at leonard wood im pretty sure. And woft bct theyll probably send you to jackson

Im not exactly sure where the PS-BCT is but from what Ive seen from following the forum is they will send you to whichever BCT is available the day you sign your contract. I know for sure theres not a specific WOFT BCT. I only say that because Ive seen people on here get sent all over the place.

#35 Gideon

Gideon

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Company working for:US Army

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:25

Ive heard mixed reviews. Had some PS folks in my WOCS class who went to Leonard Wood for PSBCT only to find out they got slotted into a normal BCT upon arrival anyway. Then had about 5 PS guys in my BCT at Benning who were kinda in charge of each platoon but had their own bay with phones, and junk food and such. Still had some lf the shenanigans but not nearly as much.

#36 Mcwilli

Mcwilli

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 14:23

If anyone has some current input on this Id appreciate it. Currently E4 Air Force going to BCT at Jackson In January. Id like to know what to expect.

#37 zack.colorado

zack.colorado

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 19:02

I just got off the phone with my recruiter and he told me that only navy and AF have to do basic. Prior service army and marines dont have to attend, regardless of length of separation. He said this came out some time in 2018 and hed try to find the reg that covers it. Everything Ive read says 3 years of separation means BCT is a requirement.
Does anyone have any recent firsthand experience?
  • zack.colorado, mike0331 and PFC Nutt like this

#38 Agledbetter

Agledbetter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 20:29

Just got back from meps. My official report date is 04 Feb 2019. I'm prior Navy, E5. Going to regular BCT at Ft. Jackson. I was told there is no planning/scheduling for PSBCT at this time. Honestly, I don't care that much. I'm just happy I got my rank back and that I'm getting this process going.

#39 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:USMC Infantry, Lawyer(ish)

Posted 06 December 2018 - 22:01

I've also heard that the 3 year cap for prior Army/Marines is gone and there is simply no requirement.
  • zack.colorado likes this

#40 zack.colorado

zack.colorado

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:40

Mike, are you already drilling with your unit? I thought you fell into that more than 3 years category.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

NFCVRForum200HomeMaunaLoaVRHome200BE_VRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200PrecisionVRForumHome200Spectrum_VRHome200HeliHelmets-VR Home