Man, 2,000 hour pilots got it made!

Flight ready at 230 lbs!?:o

Damn, I could have donuts every day,...and not just one!:D

Metro Aviation is in immediate need for (2) Helicopter Air Ambulance Pilots (PIC, IFR) for our base in St. Robert, MO. We are driven by a safety culture and demonstrate that commitment to safety by providing our pilots with industry-leading training and modern, well equipped aircraft. We are seeking aviation professionals that share our passion for safety and excellence in operations.

This position is a full-time career opportunity, with a 7 shift on / 7 day off work schedule.

JOB REQUIREMENTS :

Total Flight Time = 2,000 hours Total Pilot-In-Command = 1,000 hours PIC Rotorcraft. Cross Country Flight Time= 500 hours Night Flight Time= 100 hours, including 50 hours night unaided Instrument Flight Time= 75 hours (50 in flight). Turbine Helicopter = 500 hours

Qualifications

FAA Commercial Pilot Rotorcraft Certificate and Instrument Helicopter Rating (Airline Transport Pilot Rotorcraft Preferred)

FAA 2nd Class Medical (1st Class required as some locations)

Rotor Wing Desired Experience

Air Medical operations Single Pilot IFR operations Night Vision Goggle operations

Other Requirements

Some locations require a maximum flight-ready weight of 230 lbs.

7/7 work schedule normal for the industry?

Mike

Yep, 7/7 is 'normal'.

Flight ready at 230 lbs!? :o

Damn, I could have donuts every day,...and not just one! :D

A quick way to get some of that magic 2000 hrs, 100/50 night, etc., is flight instruction. Oh wait, you ain't no CFI?

Yep, 7/7 is 'normal'.

A quick way to get some of that magic 2000 hrs, 100/50 night, etc., is flight instruction. Oh wait, you ain't no CFI?

Already got 360 night and 340 xc (with 180 night xc) but no, I ain't no cfi!

,...besides cfi's can't eat donuts, they's gots ta be skinny folk! :(

You know its funny. I built up all that night time flying around San Francisco because I had wanted to give rides at night over Vegas, and I thought that having relevant experience would help.

Turns out it couldn't even get me a phone interview for that soul crushing $12 buck an hour Vegas 44 gig!

,...on second thought that's not funny, its incredibly depressing!

Man, I need a donut :(

• 2 weeks later...

My advice would be to apply, even if you don't have the hours. I have been told before not to do this, but I have done it anyway and it got me a job. The EMS industry is starting to feel the pilot shortage as tons of helicopter pilots are taking advantage of the airline hiring bonuses and using them to get fixed wing add-ons and move on to the airlines (a good career move for a lot of people who are maxed out at $75k salaries). Meanwhile the GI bill pilot mill is a shadow of it's former self. Companies that used to have to sift through hundreds of resumes are looking at handfuls now. I am not going to speculate on the depth of this pilot shortage or what its affects will be (this industry has a way of balancing those things out) but this is a particularly good time to get a job (at least I have found that). I am starting to think that while there is a shortage, a lot of companies are in denial about it as they are still being picky, but they are not finding people (repeated posts on JSFirm for months on end confirm this). That will have to change at some point if they want to fill seats.

My company is getting pretty desperate to fill some positions, and I know of more people that will be leaving soon.

Call me an optimist, but it's a good time to get a job in the helicopter industry. Take advantage of it while it lasts. It might not last long.

• Like 1