Lots of pilot jobs open, if you have the time...

I see what you mean. Who has time for just a one month gig?

,...and Minnesota,...ehg!

Donaldson Filtration Solutions

Robinson R44 pilot wanted for 1 month executive assignment- LOW TIME OK. Minnesota location

Northern Capital Partners

1675 Neal Ave

Delano, MN 55328

United States

Refer a Friend

Report Listing

Favorites

CategoryPilots

Job Start Date6/9/2018

Job End Date7/1/2018

Application Closing Date5/26/2018

Manages OthersNo

Experience RequiredYes

Degree RequiredNo

Security Clearance RequiredNo

PayFrom $50.00 To $50.00

Per Hour

Employment TypeContractor

Work ScheduleContractor

TravelNo Travel

Minimum Certification RequiredCommercial Pilot

Minimum Flight Hours Required

JOB DESCRIPTION

This assignment will consist of flying an executive approximately 4-5 times per week on local flights in his privately owned R44. Low time is ok, but must have a minimum 250 R44 hours and some maintenance experience and solid working knowledge of the model. Dates of employment are June 9 to July 1. Housing is included in an apartment attached to hangar at executives home. A car will also be provided and pilot will have significant amounts of free time when not flying.

Expect to fly approximately 30-50 hours during the period which may include off airport and class Bravo airspace operations. Pay for the period will be a flat price of $3500 for the approximately 3 weeks. Travel reimbursement of up to $500 will also be provided for flights to and from the location.

JOB REQUIREMENTS

Minimum 250 hours Robinson R44 time.

Flexible schedule, on call with on-site housing.

Basic maintenance knowledge of R44.

Good work ethic and professional attitude.

I see what you mean. Who has time for just a one month gig?

,...and Minnesota,...ehg!

One job leads to another, in my experience.

But, if you'd rather pay for each flight hour with your earnings?

Many people vacation in Minnesota. "The land of 10,000 lakes", I think their motto is?

I've lived on every continent except the Antarctic and Australia, had a good time everywhere. I believe one carries their happiness or misery with them. In other words, you can be as happy as you want to be...

Edited by Wally
  • Like 1

One job leads to another, in my experience.

But, if you'd rather pay for each flight hour with your earnings?

Many people vacation in Minnesota. "The land of 10,000 lakes", I think their motto is?

I've lived on every continent except the Antarctic and Australia, had a good time everywhere. I believe one carries their happiness or misery with them. In other words, you can be as happy as you want to be...

Yeah, I was just making a joke here dude.

,...as this thread is most likely about the endless HEMS postings that have been going on since the beginning of time.

Butters, if you think there are NOT jobs out there, you are even denser than I would have thought...

,...yes, "endless HEMS postings" equals no jobs out there,...but only in the Queen's English!

Yeah, I was just making a joke here dude.

,...as this thread is most likely about the endless HEMS postings that have been going on since the beginning of time.

Good news and bad news for low timers here.

The airlines hiring helicopter pilots has been seen before, and will eventually cool. Airplane drivers are much cheaper to train. The current process hot streak is driven by the military's previous downsizing. Less military fixed wingers will be separating from the services in the future and some military helo guys were/are available. Military pilots are uniformly trained, a single syllabus can be implemented for them successfully.

There will be 'creative answers' advanced by employers to fill empty pilot seats. At one time, big Gulf of Mexico operators were filling IFR medium copilot seats with '500 hour' instrument comm pilots. That was essentially an 'apprenticeship' in the guise of meat in the seat.

The days of employers culling from a stack of applicants with thousands of hours are probably over for most jobs. HEMS minimums will decrease again. I can see pilots with less than a thousand hours in future HEMS jobs.

The bad news is HEMS is usually a very low hour flight hour job. Nuggets entering the field could retire with less than four or five thousand hours, and those hours very, very restrictive- but dangerous to inexperienced pilots. The choice for the industry will be clear blue and 22 or autopilots and monitor pilots. You don't develop professionally in that environment.

No lunch breaks, Butters, but a tradition of fire-house cookery to compensate in HEMS.

Edited by Wally

Seems like every pilot I've known has flying HEMS as his career goal.

If they started hiring sub-thousand hour guys then I'm guessing they would no longer care about building hours because they would be where they want to be?

Hospital transfers are not particularly difficult, but the rescue side of it is very demanding.

A single pilot needs to know his aircraft intimately, be able to perform winch operations without having to activate too many brain cells, have very good situational awareness, and be able to fall back on past experiences to apply to new situations.

A newby doesn't have any past experience.

HEMS work is a retirement job - you've already got your time up, you are highly qualified, and are content to only fly 5 hrs a week but still be able to maintain the skill edge. I was in a HEMS job for 8 months of 2 weeks on/2 off, and only got 80 hrs in that time. I left the job because the location was dismal (a remote island with few facilities) and I got a better offer to live at home.

• Like 1