• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 01 June 2018 - 13:53

At 3:25 did I miss something?

• Lestershoelllom likes this
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fifteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#2 Azhigher

Azhigher

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 17:35

I'm just throwing this out there, but if you flew for a living you probably wouldn't watch as many helicopter videos on youtube. Flying would just be normal...

• WolftalonID likes this

#3 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:USMC Infantry, Lawyer(ish)

Posted 01 June 2018 - 21:16

I've only tandem jumped a few times but just wore a stupid padded hat to keep me from knocking the instructors teeth out. NONE of the tandem instructors had helmets. Some individual jumpers did, but I always assumed it was for wind/bugs. 

Mike

#4 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺

Posted 01 June 2018 - 21:52

I'm just throwing this out there, but if you flew for a living you probably wouldn't watch as many helicopter videos on youtube. Flying would just be normal...

Probably wouldn't come to these forums either.
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fifteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

#5 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺

Posted 01 June 2018 - 21:55

I've only tandem jumped a few times but just wore a stupid padded hat to keep me from knocking the instructors teeth out. NONE of the tandem instructors had helmets. Some individual jumpers did, but I always assumed it was for wind/bugs. 

Mike

Huh,

I guess its just me, but skydiving always seemed like one of those things people would wear a helmet for,...?

Oh well?

#6 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:USMC Infantry, Lawyer(ish)

Posted 01 June 2018 - 22:52

I don't think a helmet will help in most situations where a divers head is hitting the ground. Statistically its a very safe sport.

#7 RisePilot

RisePilot

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 14:40

Though most skydivers do wear helmets, neither the USPA or BPA require helmets to be worn (except for students).  However, both require 50 jumps to wear a full-face helmet and 200 jumps to wear a camera helmet.

• mike0331 and chris pochari like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

PrecisionVRForumGeneral200Genesys VRForum200_GeneralNFCVRGeneral200HeliHelmetsMaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200AMTC - GeneralSpectrum_VRGeneral468BE_VRGen200