AF Res E-6 33 y/o wanting to go Army WO

I am currently an Air Reserve Tech in the reserves with 12 yrs service and 5 yrs of DOD civil service time. I have finally decided to go all in and try to become a WO. My questions are will my time in service cancel me out even though its all reserves? Will may age stop my selection cause I turn 34 in December? Also how cause I get everything completed and to the board without resigning from my DOD job since I am dual status?

My questions are will my time in service cancel me out even though its all reserves? ---- From what I remember the Army regulations stating is that "time is service" is only counted if it is "active duty" time and you cannot be over a certain amount of years. I forgot what regulation it is but you google Army regulations for entry into service as an aviator you may find it.

Will may age stop my selection cause I turn 34 in December? ---in order to be selected in the Army Guard every state varies in its policies on age from what I have experienced. For example, one state may require you to start the process and be selected by 31, another state may require you to be boarded by age 33. I believe one of the regulations for Army guard states you must be boarded as a WOC by the age of 33, otherwise you will need an age waiver. It just depends on if you are trying to go guard, reserves or active duty.

Also how cause I get everything completed and to the board without resigning from my DOD job since I am dual status? I would not think that you would need to resign to get everything completed. Your packet and the boards could take up to a year or more to complete, that is if there are no hiccups.