Frasca VRForum468VOLO_VRHome200TigerTugsHelicopter Academy
Photo
- - - - -

Anyone know of any husband and wife AD Army Warrant Pilots?

WOFTARMY Dual military marriage

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TorquisaurusTex

TorquisaurusTex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 21:57

Hey yall! Long-time lurker and lover of these forums. Curious if there are any husband and wife pilots out there that I could talk to or that could share their experience here on the forum. For what its worth, we do not have kids and we are both currently AD.

#2 METT-TC

METT-TC

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Retired Army...jeeps, running, peakbagging (hiking), and a bit of flying
  • Company working for:Air Methods

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:40

Hey yall! Long-time lurker and lover of these forums. Curious if there are any husband and wife pilots out there that I could talk to or that could share their experience here on the forum. For what its worth, we do not have kids and we are both currently AD.

NOT one and I don't know if any are on here, but I guess they'll speak up if they do. If hesitant, you shouldn't be any more so than you have already experienced. I've worked with two sets that have done this. Both sets were the same airframe, but that shouldn't even be a big deal (to not be) since the airframes are all "mostly" co-located at Army Posts (at least on the FORSCOM side). One set still going, should be about to retire. Other recently divorced (nothing new-one side creeped) and the female is now a CW5 busting the books at the Navy's XP school (WTH? ;)  Kids were had in both scenarios and the normal AD (childcare) issues are to be had.

#3 SBuzzkill

SBuzzkill

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 15:15

My best friend and his wife are both aviators, different airframes.  They spend a lot of time apart.

#4 METT-TC

METT-TC

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Retired Army...jeeps, running, peakbagging (hiking), and a bit of flying

Posted 16 June 2018 - 15:25

My best friend and his wife are both aviators, different airframes.  They spend a lot of time apart.

Why/what are the reasons?

#5 Creep0321

Creep0321

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 15:36

I went through flight school with two sets of husbands/wifes. One wound up a chinook/Blackhawk couple at the same duty station, the other, an Apache/Intel couple (yes one requested a branch transfer).

Swift, Silent, Deadly.

#6 akscott60

akscott60

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Firearms, and Freedom.
  • Company working for:CH47F Instructor Pilot.

Posted 16 June 2018 - 15:39

Sure, plenty. 

• Creep0321 likes this

#7 SBuzzkill

SBuzzkill

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:13

Why/what are the reasons?

The brigade splits a million different ways.  So even though they have been at the same duty station together for a while, their battalions/companies go different places at different times.  We were in Korea she was at home.  We got back from Korea he went to AQC/IPC.  He got back from that she went to Europe.  She got back from Europe he did a rotation to NTC.  You get the picture...

Edited by SBuzzkill, 17 June 2018 - 11:16.

• METT-TC likes this

#8 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Real autorotations.....?
  • Company working for:The Big Green Weenie

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:51

Rare to see this type of couple in the Army....Most end up murdering each other before W4...

#9 METT-TC

METT-TC

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 19:42

The brigade splits a million different ways.  So even though they have been at the same duty station together for a while, their battalions/companies go different places at different times.  We were in Korea she was at home.  We got back from Korea he went to AQC/IPC.  He got back from that she went to Europe.  She got back from Europe he did a rotation to NTC.  You get the picture...

The rotational unit to the Korea/Europe. Sooo glad I escaped that one. #wrapsselfinDD214blanketandshakeshead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Spectrum_VRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeGenesys VR Forum 200NFCVRForum200HomePrecisionVRForumHome200BE_VRHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200AMTC 2018