All WOCS classes to be 5 weeks

Heard a rumor as to this, wasn't sure if anyone else had heard it. If true, this may help street-to-seat people given the greater abundance of 5 week vs 7 week classes.

Mike

Haven't heard anything about this. I know they need to increase the number of warrants they are putting out annually but they seem to be pretty hard set about the 7 week courses remaining, at least as of late last year. Plus, for the NCOs who fail their online exams prior to class, they get rolled into a 7 week class.

I'm not sure how much it would help out getting more people through more quickly since as of last year they only had 4 7-week classes scheduled, with a couple getting added throughout the year

I'm hoping for it. My NCO course was online in the SMCR, so this would save me a couple weeks.

When I get my class dates locked down I should know for sure -- but sounded like it was pretty solid. I heard they were also nixing the distance learning portion for the 5 week course. I don't know if this means they are just restructuring the whole thing -- I've heard a lot from warrants about it not necessarily being 5-7 weeks of "densely packed learning" so much as it's other military fun and games.

Mike

• Like 1

I'm hoping for it. My NCO course was online in the SMCR, so this would save me a couple weeks.

When I get my class dates locked down I should know for sure -- but sounded like it was pretty solid. I heard they were also nixing the distance learning portion for the 5 week course. I don't know if this means they are just restructuring the whole thing -- I've heard a lot from warrants about it not necessarily being 5-7 weeks of "densely packed learning" so much as it's other military fun and games.

Mike

I still have MarineNet access and I never did Cpl. Course online because I only had 6 months after deployment until my EAS so they weren't worried about it. Do you think it would make a difference if I did it now? I'm thinking probably not since I'm an E-4 anyway but could be worth a shot.

Probably not worth the effort. I did the old paper 8000 series and cpls and sgts courses on MarineNet. The WOSM checked and rucker wouldn't accept any of it... and if it really is a 5 week course for everyone now that'll be irrelevant.

Mike

• Like 1

Probably not worth the effort. I did the old paper 8000 series and cpls and sgts courses on MarineNet. The WOSM checked and rucker wouldn't accept any of it... and if it really is a 5 week course for everyone now that'll be irrelevant.

Mike

I was wondering if it was the 8000 lol ....didn't look like fun.

Meh... I did so fricken many of those MCI's, what's another. The Math and Spelling for Marines ones were rough... 3 crayons + 6 crayons = NO CRAYONS CAUSE I ATE THEM ALL

Mike

• Like 2

Officially a "W.O.C." and no longer a Sgt today and was told under no uncertain terms that WOCS will be 5 weeks for everyone. I don't know anything further though, when it comes into effect, etc.

Mike