362 replies to this topic

#21 Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 14:37

Update on the board. I got all three of their recommendations, altho they said they had some reservations about my leadership abilities. Now it's a waiting game.

congrats. when are civilians required to submit for the September board? I know for the military side of the house our deadline was packet submission July 27th

#22 Awest623

Awest623

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 14:48

congrats. when are civilians required to submit for the September board? I know for the military side of the house our deadline was packet submission July 27th

My packet was also due on the 27th. It was missing my security clearance so I had to do the interview for that on 28th. I'm not up to date on how exactly the boards work. Does my packet go up with the ad packets for the usarec board or will my packet be looked over sooner? My recruiter told me it should be looked at soon but the usarec board date is September 24th.

#23 redlightning54

redlightning54

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 14:51

Civilians can submit a little later than the deadline. Just have it turned in as soon as possible and keep bugging your recruiter until they get the ok that it is submitted and ready for the board.

#24 Mcwilli

Mcwilli

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 15:06

Anyone know how long it normally takes to get a board ready email after it goes into review?

#25 jcurier12

jcurier12

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:15

Had my battalion board interview yesterday and got all 3 recommendations. Now the fun of waiting for the USAREC board to convene at the end of September shall commence.

#26 Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:16

Anyone know how long it normally takes to get a board ready email after it goes into review?

I havent got an email yet either. Any updates?

#27 Captainstank056

Captainstank056

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 13:18

I havent got an email yet either. Any updates?

Just keep emailing once a week or calling. My buddy last board wasnt board ready until the Friday before convention

#28 Kur

Kur

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 19:37

hmm. My recruiter told me the deadline for Sept. 22nd board is Sept. 10. Doubt I can make it by then. Haven't even been to MEPs for the physical yet. He seems to think we can get a date for the flight physical quickly lol!
Good thing I got a nice job and am not in a rush...

#29 Seminole

Seminole

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 07:02

Kur,

Ive been told my packet is due Sept 6th and that we need to submit a week before that. (Civilian) 

I also am doing MEPS, the SIFT, and flight physical all in the next two weeks (allegedly) 

The recruiters I switched to have been on point so I am hopeful. Put the squeeze on your guys and try to make it happen if you want to make this board. In the words of my recruiters, "They are selecting everyone right now. This is not normal, get it while the gettings good"

#30 Kur

Kur

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 14:51

Seminole,

well good to know. Right now the next steps depend on how fast MEPS will process my medical pre-screen. According to my recruiter that can take 3 weeks since I had LASIK paperwork and a few pages else to give them. Supposedly, anything more than 3 pages, they don't even look at right away.

Good luck w the SIFT. You seem confident so I'm sure you're well prepared. Got a 63 after feeling pretty shitty most of the way through which means if you feel good about it, you should do even better.

#31 Brickle

Brickle

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 15:27

Good luck all! Got recommended by the Battalion Board, just waiting for that USAREC board at the end of September.

#32 Mcwilli

Mcwilli

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 19:56

Got all of my corrections fixed today! The email said my packet is with proponent pending qualification. Anyone know how long this phase takes?

#33 crookedcrab

crookedcrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 22:36

GT: 115

SIFT: 49

APFT: 266

LOR’s: O3, O5, and CW4

Physical: stamped fully qualified

11B

SPC

2 Years TIS

What have the selections rates been recently? 

I feel as if I dont have very much special about me that makes me stick out or would make me a strong pick other than having strongly written LORs and Resume. I have some anxeity over this board even though I'm really not miserable as a SPC I really want this because I see it as a way to make the Army a career. 

#34 kramey90

kramey90

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 16:36

GT: 114
Sift: 68
Apft: 250(lacking)
LOR's: O-3, O-5, CW4
Physical: Stamped with etp recommended, with ETP granted memo. (Should be good to go)

19D
SSG
9 years TIS.

My packet is turned in and at proponent. I'm just waiting on the board ready email and hopefully get looked at on this September board. My flight physical was a nightmare and took a year to get it approved, but I stuck with it and they finally gave me the go ahead. Here's to hoping we all see our names on that Milper Message following the board! Good luck everyone.

#35 Mcwilli

Mcwilli

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:15

Anyone got a board ready email yet?

#36 crookedcrab

crookedcrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:23

Anyone got a board ready email yet?

I spoke with my recruiter over the phone and he told me my packet was board ready.

#37 Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 16:41

I spoke with my recruiter over the phone and he told me my packet was board ready.

Civilian or AD packet?

#38 Awest623

Awest623

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 16:44

Civilian or AD packet?

I think they're talking about AD. My recruiter never told me anything about an email and I don't remember putting my email on any paperwork

#39 Captainstank056

Captainstank056

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 20:04

Kramey, I had almost exact same scores except my sift was ten points lower and Im an e5. I had a 250 and worried really bad after submission and I was just first time select this month so youll be a okay man dont worry. Also if your packet is at proponent youll be fine

This goes to everyone though, call the recruiter once a week and ask. AFAIK they wont really go out of their way to inform you and I dont blame them
  • kramey90 likes this

#40 crookedcrab

crookedcrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 22:18

Civilian or AD packet?

AD

• Itsmickyd likes this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)

Content Spy

LORD_VRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200MaunaLoaVRHome200Spectrum_VRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomePrecisionVRForumHome200NFCVRForum200HomeBE_VRHome200Praetor_Home200