122 replies to this topic

#61 Awest623

Awest623

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 21:24

I too have been doing a little digging towards previous posts about trying to gain the same sort of info with no luck. I've seen the other Milper messages about all those selected but that's about the extent of what I've got. I've been trying to convince myself to keep up the painful wait until the board selections are posted but it has proven difficult. Only a few more weeks though everyone, good luck :)

Good luck to you too. I've been counting down the days

#62 Natedo60

Natedo60

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 21:28

Good luck to you too. I've been counting down the days

Same here, I've been lead to believe the AD results are generally posted the following Wednesday after the board, just based on the other months selection posts. Anyone know if that's any sort of reliable rule?

#63 wwlandon7792

wwlandon7792

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 13:26

Aiming for the Sep 25 board as a civilian.  Only have my security interview left.

Age 26

ASVAB 99

GT 143

Sift 64

APFT 281

Flight Physical: Stamped no waivers

LOR: Aviation 0-3/civilian CFII/MEI, 18B in 75th, General Manager of current job

Education: Associate in Arts 2.3GPA (my weak point)

Flight time: Dual rated Private Pilot with 58.8 hours Rotary and 50.1 hours fixed wing

No prior service

Good luck everyone!

• Awest623 likes this

#64 Awest623

Awest623

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:02

Aiming for the Sep 25 board as a civilian.  Only have my security interview left.

Age 26
ASVAB 99
GT 143
Sift 64
APFT 281
Flight Physical: Stamped no waivers
LOR: Aviation 0-3/civilian CFII/MEI, 18B in 75th, General Manager of current job
Education: Associate in Arts 2.3GPA (my weak point)
Flight time: Dual rated Private Pilot with 58.8 hours Rotary and 50.1 hours fixed wing

No prior service

Good luck everyone!

You haven't turned in your pocket yet? Have you done your battalion board interview?

#65 wwlandon7792

wwlandon7792

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 14:31

You haven't turned in your pocket yet? Have you done your battalion board interview?I

I have not turned in my packet or done my battalion board interview.  I live on the east coast and the hurricane has delayed my security interview. 

#66 Natedo60

Natedo60

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 14:53

I have not turned in my packet or done my battalion board interview.  I live on the east coast and the hurricane has delayed my security interview. 

You're still able to submit packets this late? I have no idea what the requirements are for civilian side but that seems like its cutting it close.

#67 Awest623

Awest623

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 15:09

You're still able to submit packets this late? I have no idea what the requirements are for civilian side but that seems like its cutting it close.

My civilian packet was due August 27th. I reckon he's actually applying for the next board.

#68 Awest623

Awest623

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 15:11

I think you're actually applying for the next board. My packet was due the 27th of last month. Good luck with that hurricane too. I live in upstate SC so I'll be dealing with a crap ton of rain. Nothing comparable with the coast tho

#69 alex2391

alex2391

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 18:39

I'm loosing my mind waiting on this selection board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o

• Brickle likes this

#70 Natedo60

Natedo60

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 19:47

I'm loosing my mind waiting on this selection board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o

I feel ya, it's just dragging on till the end of the month.

#71 Itsmickyd

Itsmickyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:58

Anyone know how long it normally takes to get a board ready email after it goes into review?

Just go to the USAREC website and find your POC based on your location and send them an email with this template: SUBJECT: PACKET STATUS, BODY: PLEASE VERIFY THE PACKET STATUS FOR RANK_LAST NAME, FIRST NAME_DESIRED WO MOS (i.e. SSG_SMITH, JOHN_920A).

I got a response within 4 hours that my package was board ready.

#72 Itsmickyd

Itsmickyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:05

Hey everybody, this is my first post, but I have been stalking this forum from the beginning so thank you to everyone who posted anything remotely helpful for this process. A word of advice for any sister service applicants like myself...If you have a security clearance currently, make sure your recruiter begins the process to change it to an Army clearance. I have 2 friends in the program that have been put into a holding pattern because their Coast Guard Secret clearance was not transferring over correctly. One of them had to wait to start his WOCS class and the other stayed an E5 upon graduation until his clearance went through. This could take over 6 months so get started as soon as you find out you were accepted.

Is it September 24th yet??

#73 jcurier12

jcurier12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:53

This last month has felt like 3! Cannot imagine how the wait to go to basic is gonna feel!!!

• alex2391 likes this

#74 Awest623

Awest623

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:58

Y'all can handle it guys. Next Friday. Less than two weeks. Just try and forget about it

#75 kramey90

kramey90

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:28

I just got my board ready status! Now it's just a waiting game. Good luck, everyone! Hoping for a big selection!
  • kramey90 likes this

#76 Kidsabc1

Kidsabc1

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Army Aviation

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:11

Hey guys, my name is Kagan, Im in for the september board and just found this forum. I have been filling out my application over the past year and overcame many bumps in the road to be able to make the due date back in august.

Here are my stats:

Asvab: 98
Gt: 126
Sift: 66
Apft: 270
High School GPA: 3.9
College GPA: 3.6
LORs: CW5, 3 Star Gen. , 2 retired Lt. Col.
No prior service
No prior logged flight hours
Ill be finishing my Associates degree this December.

Medical is cleared and ready
Passed board with all 3/3 recommendations.

I have been waiting to join the Army since december of last year and I cant believe selection is almost here. I am dying to get to basic training and proceed with my military career.

Guess we are all in the same waiting boat.
-Kagan

#77 Kidsabc1

Kidsabc1

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:40

My security interview was done over the phone and from start to finish only took about 20minutes. Security interview is different than the battalion board interview.

#78 Awest623

Awest623

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 13:57

So will civilian applicants find out if they're accepted on the 24th? I thought it was the 28th

#79 Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 14:06

Anyone else still pending a waiver? Recruiter said my package is at the proponent/waiver level.

Just stressed that Im not ready for Monday yet

#80 Kidsabc1

Kidsabc1

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 15:29

So will civilian applicants find out if they're accepted on the 24th? I thought it was the 28th

My recruiter told me I would get a phone call the 24th.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mcwilli

Spectrum_VRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200NFCVRForum200HomeLORD_VRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeBE_VRHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200AMTC 2018