6 replies to this topic

#1 Simpsj17

Simpsj17

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:48

Has anyone PCS'd thier family to Ft. Rucker? I was curious as to where the family should live while I am in training. 

• Simpsj17 likes this

#2 dukun8ter

dukun8ter

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Human intelligence, law enforcement
  • Company working for:Signal Hill PD Dispatcher and Jailer/Civilian, Reserve Police Officer Lvl 1-D, Sept 2017 WOFT Select

Posted 07 July 2018 - 19:44

Bowden Terrace is nice

#3 mdeneso

mdeneso

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:25

I second living in Bowden Terrace. It makes this whole process a lot more convenient in my opinion. The housing is actually pretty nice for on post as well.

#4 Simpsj17

Simpsj17

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:59

Bowden terrace it is. Can my wife move in while Im in WOCS?

#5 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:USMC Infantry, Lawyer(ish)

Posted 08 July 2018 - 13:46

Can 2 "families" split a place on base? A 3 bedroom house with 2 baths would be something pretty east to split it seems.

Mike

#6 wheelsup

wheelsup

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 19:42

A lot of my friends opted to live off post for a number of reasons- cheaper rent, getting away from the army, more things to do off-post etc.. The convenience of being a couple minutes away from class or pt outweighs those benefits at least for me. When you're on period 1 sims and need to be ready to get on the bus at 0450 every day, you'll appreciate the short drive. Or when you get a short lunch break you won't be faced with that awkward, "Should I go home? Do I have enough time?" situation.

Can 2 "families" split a place on base? A 3 bedroom house with 2 baths would be something pretty east to split it seems.

Mike

This sounds terrible. Maybe I'm a little introverted but the idea of 2 married couples in one of these houses seems crowded and overwhelming. Flight school demands a large amount of your time, less distractions is for the better. With that being said, I know you can split rent in the single housing so I don't see a reason why you couldn't do it in bowden terrace.

#7 Simpsj17

Simpsj17

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 20:49

I could see it being beneficial if the other family has some else that is also focused on flight school.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Spectrum_VRHome200BE_VRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200PrecisionVRForumHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeNFCVRForum200HomeMaunaLoaVRHome200LORD_VRHome200