Clearance questions for FW

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knows if your security clearance would need to be upgraded from a secret to a higher classification if someone were to choose c-12 out of ierw and then gets assigned to an ISR unit?

Also, since the 160th is a special ops branch, would one need a higher level clearance after getting into that regiment?

Thank you

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Correct on both.

Well thanks for the response...Just got selected for WOFT. Is the Secret Clearance used for standard units throughout the entirety of my ADSO. As in, will my clearance ever need to be upgraded to a Top Secret after Flight school, even if I stay within the non ISR, non SOF units? My understanding is Field Grade WOs get a Top Secret but again, I am a civilian and most of what I hear outside of this forum, is hearsay....

Main reason I ask is because I currently hold a Secret (DOD civ) and that process, even for a secret, took FOREVER. Can't even imagine how long the SSBI will take.

Thanks!

TS/TS SCI is only required based on job (position) requirement. No grade/rank requirement, etc. I went through an entire career (recently) where it was not required at all (W01-CW3/2LT-MAJ). You may or may not have the opportunity to upgrade your clearance (I avoided it even though one or two positions could have finagled it with a distant requirement).

So in ending, no, not required and pretty stringent requirements for the upgrade anyway.