2 replies to this topic

#1 RJWB

RJWB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 09:41

Hello good day1f642.png

I was wondering what the possibilities are and recommendations for my situation as an EASA PPL holder to get my FAA ATPL.

I am a fresh EASA PPL(H) holder with 50 hours. I got my training in the Cabri G2 and I am about to start with my hour building and the ATPL theory. Besides my passion for helicopter flying, I am currently in university studying Aviation Operations in Amsterdam. In September I start my last year in university and from June/Juli 2019 I am willing to move1f642.png.

My thoughts are to do some hour building in The Netherlands and from Juni/Juli move to the US to finish my hour building and get my ATPL. The thing is that I already want most of the theoretical work done before that time. Would like to hear your thoughts.

#2 kiwisfly

kiwisfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:39

You will need a commercial certificate and instrument rating first.

find a flight school that provides a visa for you to study (unless you are a citizen or permanent resident).

As far as time building goes...

- 1200 hours

- 500 cross country

- 100 night

- 75 instrument (50 in flight)

Hope this helps.

#3 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:54

Well, unless you want to become a flight instructor, the only way I know of to build hours here in the States would be with Boatpix in an R22.
Side boob is just so awesome,...yes it is!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Heli Aviation FT200LORD_VRGeneral200UNDVRFTForum200702HeliVRFT200Precision_FTForum200Anthelion_VRFTForum200JerryTrimbleVOLO_VRFT200Arkansas Helicopters VR FT200GuidanceVRFTForum200