Embry Riddle Aeronautical University?

Was told by my old squad leader whos also heading to WOCS that hes been told to enroll in ERAU and a lot of what you learn at flight school can be transferred there for credits. I dont really know what Im doing as far as research but Im coming close to my associates at American Military University (I know nothing special, but Tuition Assistance is Tuition Assistance)

Anyone have or know of any experience with changing over to Embry before WOCS starts?

Was told by my old squad leader whos also heading to WOCS that hes been told to enroll in ERAU and a lot of what you learn at flight school can be transferred there for credits. I dont really know what Im doing as far as research but Im coming close to my associates at American Military University (I know nothing special, but Tuition Assistance is Tuition Assistance)

Anyone have or know of any experience with changing over to Embry before WOCS starts?

Yes, you can gain a lot of credits at Embry. In my honest opinion , its a waste of money. ALOT of military members use Embry Riddle World Wide to attend class remotely/at Satellite campuses, and Embry knows their classes are subsidized with our TA which is why they are quite pricey.

Also, Embry Riddle isn't the big name in Aviation Schools it once was. There is plenty more options out there that have better reputations and will also take your flight training for credits.

If I were you, look at Florida Institute of Technologies. I started at Embry and eventually switched over to FIT partly for the name but mostly because Embry Riddle WW wasn't a great experience. The instructors sucked. The staff was less than helpful. They are a butts in seats type of organization that doesn't really care to do anything more than the bare minimum required of them.

I have been trying to turn my fellow service members away from that school in the recent past. You deserve to have a better name represent your skills/service/experience on your degree than Embry Riddle. In my opinion.

I personally am in my last class for my bachelors from Embry Riddle in aeronautics and all my instructors worked really well with me when I was on the road. I got a lot of credits for my Maintenance experience and took two classes at a time year round using fsfa and TA. I also did this with a family and still had plenty of free time. If you plan on staying in the military where you got your degree doesnt matter.

• 2 months later...

Want to know a secret?

Anybody can get into Harvard who is over 21 through harvard extension. Sense it's the same university and available online. You will get an ivy league education without rich kids. For $20,000 if you are in the military. That's what I'm doing. Then you can get an MBA from Yale Executive. Or Cornell even has some online certification courses you can add to your resume on top of that. That's the best way to make your application stand out.

Did worldwide. Easy classes that don't teach you anything.

Currently enrolled at the Daytona Beach campus and the only value here is taking the time to network and gain connections. I'm sure the degree holds some weight, but as a current student again they let everyone into the program who can pay tuition and it reflects in the work ethic of my classmates.