Look at this!

AdminLB

Here’s another beautiful issue of #ROTORCRAFT PRO MAG…believe me! Read it here: http://bit.ly/RotorcraftProMag_July-August2018

Inside this issue: AW169 Training with Leonardo + VIDEO | Advancing Helicopter Communications | Who’s on First: Owner or Mechanic? | Dynamic Balancing in Helicopters | Exec Watch, Roger Wassmuth, Kaman Aerospace | Meet a Rotorcraft Pro: Stan Braun | Mil2Civ Transition | Maintenance Minute | My 2 Cents Worth | Rotorcraft Checkride

Thanks for reading and fly safe!!

otk7Nay4LGnJ52.jpg

From the article talking about responsibility mechanic vs owner:

91.403 (a) The owner or operator of an aircraft is primarily responsible for maintaining that aircraft in an airworthy condition, including compliance with part 39 of this chapter.

I've always wondered, what's the implication/goal of this rule? What this rule is saying to me just seems obvious, maybe I am missing something? Is it to prevent owners from pointing fingers at mechanics for their own negligence in maintenance?

From the article talking about responsibility mechanic vs owner:

91.403 (a) The owner or operator of an aircraft is primarily responsible for maintaining that aircraft in an airworthy condition, including compliance with part 39 of this chapter.

I've always wondered, what's the implication/goal of this rule? What this rule is saying to me just seems obvious, maybe I am missing something? Is it to prevent owners from pointing fingers at mechanics for their own negligence in maintenance?

Hello sir,

Thanks for reading and thanks for the question . . . .I think the author, Scott Skola, would be the best person to ask. Normally, a short bio and contact information for Scott would be embedded in the article. It appears that we did not include it in this layout. Here's his bio and contact email, please feel free to email him directly for clarification or discuss the subject more in-depth.

About the author: After 32 years maintaining helicopters in various capacities, Scott concluded a full time career with a major operator in 2014. When not pursuing future writing projects, he can still be seen around the flight line providing maintenance oversight, litigation support, and technical research services. He can be contacted at tekaviationllc@gmail.com.