KNEEBOARD - Which leg

Chewberta

I swap between left and right.

Left is more comfortable but being right handed, right knee is more practical in a job where I can take a lot of notes.

Right leg, slack strap so it can be rolled/slid off to the left until I need it. Astar has lots of room on that side.

Hi, can you tell me which leg you place your kneeboard on and why?

I wear mine on my right leg so the collective isnt brushing against it. Also easier to write on since Im right handed.

Its a really great tool in my opinion. From what Ive seen, not many helicopter pilots use a knee board though. To each their own.

Left, because its easier to flip up the chart to read my frequency list underneath, and play with my old Garmin 76C that sits on top of my chart with my left hand, not to mention I haven't written anything on it since my instrument training days.

,...plus I tried my right leg, and just didn't like it :)

Depends on which aircraft I am flying. In the 206 or 58 I wear it on the right, in the 407 I wear it on the left because the cyclic is displaced just a bit farther to the right in cruise.