59 replies to this topic

#41 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:04

Pretty sure that you only get the BAH if the orders are over 30 days (not including boot camp), but maybe that was for unmarried reservists/guard... I got married a month after my last period of active duty in 2014 (AT), but I never got BAH during Boot/SOI or any of my ATs from 2008-2014. I guess I'll ask this question as well, should be going on orders for a couple weeks this fall. BAH in my area is over 3K/month, so its not chump change. 

Mike

I can't quote any regulations for you but I can say that all my guard and reserve friends at flight school were receiving full time active duty benefits including BAH.

#42 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:USMC Infantry, Lawyer(ish)

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:23

Oh definitely, just not sure if the period of active duty is less than 30 days, or if it's "initial" training (IE boot camp, perhaps WOCS) if you also get the BAH then. All stuff I can google though, or ask about.

For example we all got BAH as reservists when we were mobilized for OEF. We didn't usually get BAH for ATs or for Boot Camp and Infantry School. I was not yet married at that point though, so may have been different for married folks. 

Mike

#43 ElJay

ElJay

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 16:28

Ive gotten BAH while in BCT, AIT, WOCS, and obviously during flight school. All I had to do was provide proof of lease or mortgage. And I was single at the time.
  • mike0331 and Pluto like this

#44 Pluto

Pluto

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 19:37

Ive gotten BAH while in BCT, AIT, WOCS, and obviously during flight school. All I had to do was provide proof of lease or mortgage. And I was single at the time.

Thank's for mentioning that. Yes, that's what I got offered to join at WOCS too. How many months did they provide you the BAH? They offered me 4 months. Maybe that's negotiable.

#45 Captainstank056

Captainstank056

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 21:55

Thank's for mentioning that. Yes, that's what I got offered to join at WOCS too. How many months did they provide you the BAH? They offered me 4 months. Maybe that's negotiable.

Dude what f*cking planet are you on? I think you may need a new recruiter or you really are just trolling like your other posts in the past because you make absolutely no sense right now. You dont get offered sh*t when you join the army unless DA says so and then the recruiter has no reason to keep you from whatever benefit is at hand. 4 months for BAH? That sounds ridiculous. The only benefit you should be chasing is to join the army, go to flight school for free AND get paid to do it
  • mike0331, Thedude and Anthony2447 like this

#46 ElJay

ElJay

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 21:57

My post was a reply to Mike, not in support of your troll.
  • mike0331 likes this

#47 Captainstank056

Captainstank056

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 00:03

Eljay, at this point Im hoping hes trolling..
  • mike0331 likes this

#48 Pluto

Pluto

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 22:05

Oh, I dont read mikes replies to my posts after he flamed me again. Not that I am completely pushing him away. I do what most people do against an annoying person, just mitigate contact. There are staving children in Africa who would kill you for an orange.

We are not very compatible it turns out. Sorry if it seemed out of context. Just trying to learn all I can, before I sign my future away for the next 8 - 20 years.

#49 penlandc

penlandc

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:16

Oh, I dont read mikes replies to my posts after he flamed me again. Not that I am completely pushing him away. I do what most people do against an annoying person, just mitigate contact. There are staving children in Africa who would kill you for an orange.

We are not very compatible it turns out. Sorry if it seemed out of context. Just trying to learn all I can, before I sign my future away for the next 8 - 20 years.

If you feel like you are signing your future away....just walk away...

#50 Pluto

Pluto

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:24

If you feel like you are signing your future away....just walk away...

No I just feel like that when I read half these replies. It almost seems like there are allot of people in the military who can't hold a job/marriage in the civilian world. So they join the army because nobody else would hire them - Toxic.

I have been learning about boot camp culture and I understand that the rigers of war are very emotionally draining. But nobody really wants to jump into a boot camp every conversation of every minute. Most of these guys are not even american if you have not noticed. That's why they have separate platoons for all these unwanted citizens of forien countries. Have you seen the french legion. It's a platoon for foreigners. Just put them doing the jobs nobody wants to do if they are going to be like that. Not officer.

#51 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:39

I have been learning about boot camp culture and I understand that the rigers of war are very emotionally draining. But nobody really wants to jump into a boot camp every conversation of every minute. Most of these guys are not even american if you have not noticed. That's why they have separate platoons for all these unwanted citizens of forien countries. Have you seen the french legion. It's a platoon for foreigners. Just put them doing the jobs nobody wants to do if they are going to be like that. Not officer.

If you actually think any of what you just wrote is true then you really are a moron.
  • mike0331 likes this

#52 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Company working for:The Big Green Weenie

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:56

image-20161005-15882-13x0gd1.jpg?ixlib=r

• mike0331 and Thedude like this

#53 Pluto

Pluto

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:13

You want to run into a battle field lifting a gun. But you can't even handle the truth. If you would stop harrasing the Americans. You might not have gotten kicked out.Stop responding to my posts, I wont read them.

https://www.military...loy-or-get-out/
  • Pluto likes this

#54 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:29

Gotta say he's a pretty good troll... just enough of a hint if plausibility it makes you want to respond. So I guess he's good at something.

So just in case, as others stated... none of what you posted is accurate.

And half the posters here have run into a battlefield carrying a gun. 

Mike

• Creep0321 likes this

#55 Pluto

Pluto

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 17:24

I would rather work with an american felon than a forien felon. Because the Americans don't repeat the same charge. If these guys want to become Americans. Just let them do that in there own platoon. I don't care if they are a murderer or a rapist. It's not my problem if it's in the french legion.

That's what would make american great again. An american version. Called the american legion. Where all these guys can earn it doing front line infantry work. The stuff nobody wants to do.

#56 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 18:33

Infantry and combat arms slots fill up faster than the others when the fiscal year turns over, everyone wants to do that sh*t... If you don't want to do "front line" work, you shouldn't be a helicopter pilot.

Mike

#57 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 19:14

There sure are a lot of infantryman who don’t want to be infantryman in this all volunteer Army...

This thread has been pretty amazing, we’ve gone from BAH eligibility to the French Foreign Legion in less than ten posts.
  • Gideon, mike0331, ByteFlighter and 1 other like this

#58 Pluto

Pluto

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:18

Yeah

There sure are a lot of infantryman who don’t want to be infantryman in this all volunteer Army...

This thread has been pretty amazing, we’ve gone from BAH eligibility to the French Foreign Legion in less than ten posts.

Yes, we have gotten kind of off topic here. You could always buy a hot wife from: https://www.loveme.com/ to qualify for BAH. Then she makes your babies and cooks for you all day long. While you collect extra BAH. How do you not say yes to that?

#59 Anthony2447

Anthony2447

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Company working for:US Army

Posted 20 September 2018 - 13:05

I am a former recruiter/Station Commander and 99% of this is totally false. Yes USAR/NG can get BAH during training. Recruiters do not control incentives and everyone of them will give you everything that is showing on the system. There is zero benefit from withholding any incentives. I left the command in June but when I left there was only 1 MOS that received Student Loan Repayment for RA which was 68N which 99% of applicant do not qualify for. For AR, there are MOS's that pay up to 50K however that is dependent on the slot that you are filling, different units offer different incentives. Any specific questions, feel free to ask.

#60 Pluto

Pluto

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 14:16

I am a former recruiter/Station Commander and 99% of this is totally false. Yes USAR/NG can get BAH during training. Recruiters do not control incentives and everyone of them will give you everything that is showing on the system. There is zero benefit from withholding any incentives. I left the command in June but when I left there was only 1 MOS that received Student Loan Repayment for RA which was 68N which 99% of applicant do not qualify for. For AR, there are MOS's that pay up to 50K however that is dependent on the slot that you are filling, different units offer different incentives. Any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Agreed, it's not so much about what the recruiter wants to give you. It's about what they have available at the time. The posts I made are current as of the said dates. From what I can gather from other members. They had a different set of incentives just 4 years ago.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

HeliHelmets-VR HomeSpectrum_VRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200AMTC 2018MaunaLoaVRHome200BE_VRHome200NFCVRForum200HomePrecisionVRForumHome200LORD_VRHome200