Letters of Recommendation

I am currently starting the process of applying to WOFT from the civilian side as a high school seniors. I have been studying for both the ASVAB and SIFT and currently have a 270 PFT score. My GPA is 4.23. However, my only LOR are from teachers and my schools principal. I understand that selection rates are very high right now but I am concerned that I would not be competitive without military related letters of recommendation. There are no bases with aviators near my location so I do not know how I can attain a LOR from a warrant officer aviator. Is it imperative that I have a LOR from a pilot or officer? How have other people in my situation successfully obtained letters of recommendation?

just call the school house and go from there.

unlike my experience in the Marine Corps with every school ive been to ive noticed that the Army Aviation community doesn't have the "keeper of the badge" mentality.

Just make cold calls and go from there.

Also cold call any guard/reserve units.

This package is all about people who take it one step further. The package is easy yet none of it will be done for you, so it will weed out the lazy people.

So here is what I wound up doing.

After I found out the date I was doing the flight physical and where it was going to be (4 hours away from me), I started Professionally messaging a lot of Army aviators on LinkedIn that was located around that base. I eventually had one respond to me and agree to a phone call. After he spoke to me he gave me some contact information to a friend of his that was on that base at the time and could meet with me. I spoke to that gentleman on the phone and asked some WOFT questions and if he could meet with me on the same date as my flight physical. He agreed to meet with me and when the day came, I met him and we spoke for about an hour or so. At the end he asked if I had my packet in order and I asked him if he would be willing to write me a recommendation to the program. He happily agreed and I got a stellar LoR from him.

You will have to pull all of the strings you can and do the legwork here. But it is not impossible to get one. I have no connections to aviators directly and had to find a way. Every single aviator I spoke to was extremely helpful and happy to point me in the right direction.