WOCS 5 or 7 weeks

Everything I have heard is after Oct 1 they all go to 5 weeks. I guess we'll find out soon enough, but that is what the group of us leaving in the spring has been told.

Mike

Currently atrrs still has a few 7 week courses. They probably wouldn't be able to do away with it until 2020, since HRC already has the system set up for 7, unless they just buffer an extra 2 weeks in between graduation and B Co with more details.

Im registered for the 7 week course that begins January 2019. There is a distance learning portion that we are required to enroll in that is part of a pilot program. Perhaps it is in preparation for the change over to everyone being in a 5 week course.

If all FY19 classes are 5 weeks, awesome, but I doubt I will be so lucky. The kicker is Im an E5 with BLC. Id be thrilled to only have to do a 5 week course, however Im just glad to have been selected.

• Like 1

"Heard that WOCS was moving to 5 weeks only did that already happen?" "Yes that is a thing now no more 7 week classes."

Asked my buddy who had to spend a few months at 1st WOCC as a SGT bc of security clearance not wanting to go trhough. That was his response.

• Like 1

"Heard that WOCS was moving to 5 weeks only did that already happen?" "Yes that is a thing now no more 7 week classes."
Asked my buddy who had to spend a few months at 1st WOCC as a SGT bc of security clearance not wanting to go trhough. That was his response.

https://usacac.army.mil/sites/default/files/documents/cace/wocc/wocsdlenrollment_FY19calendar_050918.pdf

I did find this, so I am wondering if it is true. National Guard Bureau wont be issuing "street to seat" dates till October 1st. According to the email I received last week from them. I am wondering if they will stick me in a 7 week or 5 week. I guess it is a 7 week course I can ballpark my basic dates.

• Like 1

We (Guard) were all told we're in the April class, but that after Oct 1st some things would be changing and it will be 5 weeks. Go with the flow I guess... I'd really love an earlier date. We also don't have solid primary dates yet, which is concerning.

Mike

There was a guard guy that just picked up for WOCS last week and is scheduled for the November class, but Im pretty sure he was tech.

Switching the schedule over may explain why none of the rest of us have received a Phase II reservation after almost 45 days. We might be waiting until Oct 1st as well. Well get there eventually, just a pain that information is limited and it seems so far out.

• 2 weeks later...

We (Guard) were all told we're in the April class, but that after Oct 1st some things would be changing and it will be 5 weeks. Go with the flow I guess... I'd really love an earlier date. We also don't have solid primary dates yet, which is concerning.

Mike

Not sure how its done now a days, but usually have to get wocs, wobc-a, host (no more host apparently) and sere done to get a primary date.

I wonder if the will be sending Street to Seat to BLC after Basic if that is the case...

Probably not. They are trying to pump out aviators as quickly as possible. The 2 extra weeks were more in house what the 5 weekers took online. Seemed pretty pointless to me.

Here is some information they put out at 1st WOCC

There will be 3 pilot classes 19-02-19-04 with the intent of changing the rest to 5 week courses.

-There will be 5 exams instead of 3 (the 2 usual DL ones)

-No more STAFFEX/MDMP

-Moving up LANDNAV/LRC to week 2ish (too many people failing LANDNAV)

-Less SGL time and more of a focus on academics

Like everything in the Army everything changes so don't shoot the messenger if it changes.

• Like 3

When is that typically? Every 4-5 weeks?

Mike

Not too sure. Haven't seen too many street to seat lately. Last class I know that had a bunch of them was class 18-13.

• Like 1

Here is some information they put out at 1st WOCC

There will be 3 pilot classes 19-02-19-04 with the intent of changing the rest to 5 week courses.

-There will be 5 exams instead of 3 (the 2 usual DL ones)

-No more STAFFEX/MDMP

-Moving up LANDNAV/LRC to week 2ish (too many people failing LANDNAV)

-Less SGL time and more of a focus on academics

Like everything in the Army everything changes so don't shoot the messenger if it changes.

Any idea what the Academic focus will be? I know Mr. Adams was trying to make it more writing and public speaking focused when he talked with us. More college credits and basic skills than the random stuff they had been teaching. The rest of the changes sound pretty good.

https://usacac.army.mil/sites/default/files/documents/cace/wocc/wocsdlenrollment_FY19calendar_050918.pdf

I did find this, so I am wondering if it is true. National Guard Bureau wont be issuing "street to seat" dates till October 1st. According to the email I received last week from them. I am wondering if they will stick me in a 7 week or 5 week. I guess it is a 7 week course I can ballpark my basic dates.

I am seeing conflicting Information on ATRRS. The document you posted seems to align with course start and ends dates as 7 week classes in FY19 on ATRRS.

Are my colleagues on here saying those 7 week reservations in FY19 are changing to 5 week?

I am seeing conflicting Information on ATRRS. The document you posted seems to align with course start and ends dates as 7 week classes in FY19 on ATRRS.

Are my colleagues on here saying those 7 week reservations in FY19 are changing to 5 week?

Yes, as Anthony2447 stated, classes 19-02/19-03/19-04 are the pilot classes to test the new curriculum that condenses 7 weeks into 5. If those classes go well, there will not be anymore 7 week courses. All the reservations will be adjusted in ATRRS for those with 7 week slots.

Yes, as Anthony2447 stated, classes 19-02/19-03/19-04 are the pilot classes to test the new curriculum that condenses 7 weeks into 5. If those classes go well, there will not be anymore 7 week courses. All the reservations will be adjusted in ATRRS for those with 7 week slots.

Ah gotcha.

I'm curious how they are just going to shorten to 5 weeks for classes that are already scheduled and reserved...

Any idea what the Academic focus will be? I know Mr. Adams was trying to make it more writing and public speaking focused when he talked with us. More college credits and basic skills than the random stuff they had been teaching. The rest of the changes sound pretty good.

I assuming its going to be all the DL classes they now have to squeeze in. Nothing was mentioned about additional writing and public speaking.