WOCS 5 or 7 weeks

I am scheduled for the JAN 3 Class not sure if that is 19-02 or 19-03. When I called the school house about some other things I was told by the 1SG that even though it says it's 7 weeks in ATTRS, they are conducting a 5 week course. How they will adjust I have no idea. I am just happy have been selected. Anyone have any insight on the Land Nav? Is it basic? Why are people failing?

• Like 2

I was hoping to be in the Jan class (was originally told Nov or Jan), but currently waiting on April. still crossing my fingers for a shortfall space. Perhaps more likely once all the classes become 5 weeks. April will be 12 months since I came back in.

Mike

I am scheduled for the JAN 3 Class not sure if that is 19-02 or 19-03. When I called the school house about some other things I was told by the 1SG that even though it says it's 7 weeks in ATTRS, they are conducting a 5 week course. How they will adjust I have no idea. I am just happy have been selected. Anyone have any insight on the Land Nav? Is it basic? Why are people failing?

Land nav is a JOKE! You can get through it without ever using the compass... just follow the road and use the satellite view map they give you.

My landnav legit felt like a nice one hour morning walk through the forest. Most points I saw from the road but did the whole land nav thing just to verify. Can confirm, it was a joke.

• Like 1

My landnav legit felt like a nice one hour morning walk through the forest. Most points I saw from the road but did the whole land nav thing just to verify. Can confirm, it was a joke.

When I did landnav there, 3 of the points were the same from the practice day...hahahahhah

When I did landnav there, 3 of the points were the same from the practice day...hahahahhah

They dont do a practice day out on the course anymore, they do a classroom instruction the whole afternoon the day before the exercise and then go straight into the course the next day.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting with 19-02, there will be no more 7 week classes.

That's interesting, I'm supposed to be in 19-02 as a Guard guy. They're trying to get this DL stuff for me ( I know, danger close) and I don't think they have a clue about everything you're saying. My little welcome aboard packet from the Primary TAC made no mention of class duration.

Not too sure. Haven't seen too many street to seat lately. Last class I know that had a bunch of them was class 18-13.

Yeah, my co-worker was in that one. She was street to seat and they had her in their little "Starship Candidates" video on Youtube.

Here is some information they put out at 1st WOCC

There will be 3 pilot classes 19-02-19-04 with the intent of changing the rest to 5 week courses.

-There will be 5 exams instead of 3 (the 2 usual DL ones)

-No more STAFFEX/MDMP

-Moving up LANDNAV/LRC to week 2ish (too many people failing LANDNAV)

-Less SGL time and more of a focus on academics

Like everything in the Army everything changes so don't shoot the messenger if it changes.

This is really interesting, I've been kind of stressing about the DL since it hasn't come back for me on ATTRS but maybe I just end up doing it in-class.

That's interesting, I'm supposed to be in 19-02 as a Guard guy. They're trying to get this DL stuff for me ( I know, danger close) and I don't think they have a clue about everything you're saying. My little welcome aboard packet from the Primary TAC made no mention of class duration.

Yeah, my co-worker was in that one. She was street to seat and they had her in their little "Starship Candidates" video on Youtube.

This is really interesting, I've been kind of stressing about the DL since it hasn't come back for me on ATTRS but maybe I just end up doing it in-class.

Yes starting with 19-02, you will do the DL as part of the class. Im sure of this, as right now in HHC there is a candidate from the guard that was supposed to start class with 19-01 but did not because that candidate did not complete the DL prior to arriving here for class. That candidate got held over and will be attending 19-02 because of the changes that put the all the DL into class.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. That sure is interesting, my WOSM seems the think that I'm still doing that.

Well you definitely want to do as he says being the position he is in. The actual DL curriculum you will do in class but if Im not mistaken you still have to do the 2 required essays prior to arriving for WOCS. I will check into that tomorrow and repost.