12 year AFS waiver approval?

Has anybody had any luck getting a 12 year AFS waiver approved?

I was in WOCS and got dismissed for APFT failure. I got hurt and still decided to take the APFT anyway because I felt I could still pass. I had plenty of time for my minimum run time and have never failed a pt test in my career. Not even close. The pain started up during the test and failed the run by 3 seconds. So I had to wait 12 months before reapplying to WOCS. Now, when I reapply, I will be at 12 years. I hit 12 years this December and can reapply in Feb 2019. I have recovered and have been getting 300s on every APFT for the past 6 months as well.

Since the dismissal, I just have the consistent 300s, I ran a Spartan race and a half marathon, took up boxing, which should hopefully show my physical stamina and ability is where it needs to be. I earned 21 credits towards my Masters Degree, did a lot of volunteer work too. I am a few hours from completing my PPL.

I am not sure what else I can do to beef up my packet to get the waiver approved. Any suggestions?

we had a MSG in my wocs class that needed age, AFS, medical and moral waiver... Granted he was a Ranger E8 with like a thousand deployments so the guy had a SOLID packet! we also had a previous PT failure and he was FQ/NS for like 4 years straight until he finally got in again. With that been said, it is possible to get a waiver but it's going to take a LOT since your drop out was so recent.

• Like 2

we had a MSG in my wocs class that needed age, AFS, medical and moral waiver... Granted he was a Ranger E8 with like a thousand deployments so the guy had a SOLID packet! we also had a previous PT failure and he was FQ/NS for like 4 years straight until he finally got in again. With that been said, it is possible to get a waiver but it's going to take a LOT since your drop out was so recent.

Yeah, the MSG is definitely more high speed than I am lol. I am eligible to reapply in February 2019 and I hit 12 years in December 2018. Job wise I haven't done anything too outstanding in the past few months. I am in a pretty weird job position right now, with not much room to stand out. But I am a hard worker so my eval will be good.

Since the dismissal, I just have the consistent 300s, I ran a Spartan race and a half marathon, took up boxing, which should show my physical stamina and ability is where it needs to be. I earned 21 credits towards my Masters Degree, did a lot of volunteer work too. I am a few hours from completing my PPL.I am not sure what else I can do to beef up my packet to get the waiver approved.

Any suggestions?

my former PLT SGT was dismissed from WOCS in 2013. She applied every year since and just got accepted this year. What I'm trying to say is that you need to try and get in now. the longer you wait the less likely your waiver will get approved(adding AFS time).

Wow. I am going to apply as soon as I am eligible in February 2019.

No one does but it has been put out repeatedly as the way to go in the future in the warrant in many places. 12 year guys are up for retirement after thier first ADSO and leave in droves taking the experience with them 8 year guys would atleast have to do a little more to get the full retirement.