Question Regarding WOCS and Leave

I'll be attending WOCS on 4/5 directly after BCT. I just found out my brother will be getting married 4/20. Is there any past examples of someone getting to leave for a day or two on the weekend for something like this? I've already told him I more than likely won't be able to leave, especially considering it's going to be around week 2 of WOCS, but figured I'd ask if anyone had seen something like this happen before.

Havent gotten to wocs yet but I can tell you with my experience, the answer will be 99.99% no. Youll get the old choose which is more important to you speech if you even ask

Edit: havent been to wocs so I could somehow be very imcorrect

Thats my assumption. I knew coming in that missing things like this happen, so Im prepared for it either way, just figured Id see what the consensus was on it.

Depends on your TACs, we literally had a Candidate leave week 2 for a 3 day pass to GA for her sisters wedding that she was in. She basically brought it to the Primary day 1 and the commander approved it. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Crazy I know, you should of seen all the other platoons turn their heads at once when they said 1 candidate on pass during an accountability formation.

I'll be attending WOCS on 4/5 directly after BCT. I just found out my brother will be getting married 4/20. Is there any past examples of someone getting to leave for a day or two on the weekend for something like this? I've already told him I more than likely won't be able to leave, especially considering it's going to be around week 2 of WOCS, but figured I'd ask if anyone had seen something like this happen before.

Tell your primary that he is dying on 4/20 instead of getting married.

You can ask to move your WOCS start date. Don't miss your brother's wedding.

This. When you get to HHC tell them immediately. It's your brother's wedding. It shouldnt be too hard to bump your class dates.

This. When you get to HHC tell them immediately. It's your brother's wedding. It shouldnt be too hard to bump your class dates.

I agree with what these guys said. I am here now at HHC and they have close to 22 classes running in FY19. During the time frame you are supposed to report theres no major holidays or block leave that would keep you from being put into the very next class following your class, after your brothers wedding.