Getting Selected At Second Look

There are a few here that were selected on the second look. Improve what you can, such as PT scores, rewording your resume if needed, or adding additional achievements and schools that you may have finished. Clean up where you think you may have been lacking.

Thanks, I got an email saying Im board ready for November so Im guessing that means I was NS? Waiting on the milper message. I was told I had a strong packet and was a shoe in so Im not sure what to do to improve if I do end up in the November board.

Hey man I am in the exact same boat. I am currently deployed, so when I return I am going to reword my resume, take a new DA photo, update ERB with deployment award, add my newest NCOER, etc. Some people are recommending we top out our LORs to the maximum of 6, but I am unsure if that is necessary.

I was selected on the 2nd WOSB. My packet was decent but I increased my PT score from a 240 to a 270 and had my CC(XO) sign the cover page again. A lot of it really is timing and what they are looking for at that time/competition. I did not think I would be selected the second time but didn't want to rule out the possibility. Never sell yourself short and beef up the packet as much as you can in the time you have. Peer review's saved my butt that's for sure. Good luck!

Just for reference...

SIFT:55

6 LORs

PT: 270

No Waivers

• Like 1

I was selected on the 2nd WOSB. My packet was decent but I increased my PT score from a 240 to a 270 and had my CC(XO) sign the cover page again. A lot of it really is timing and what they are looking for at that time/competition. I did not think I would be selected the second time but didn't want to rule out the possibility. Never sell yourself short and beef up the packet as much as you can in the time you have. Peer review's saved my butt that's for sure. Good luck!

Just for reference...

6 LORs

No Waivers

• Like 1

Just for reference...

6 LORs

No Waivers

• Like 1

Just for reference...

6 LORs

No Waivers

Yeah man, I think a lot of it depends on how many slots there are and who you are up against. Im going to make some adjustments and hope I get selected on my second shot.

Hey man I am in the exact same boat. I am currently deployed, so when I return I am going to reword my resume, take a new DA photo, update ERB with deployment award, add my newest NCOER, etc. Some people are recommending we top out our LORs to the maximum of 6, but I am unsure if that is necessary.

Sounds like a solid plan. Im confident with some changes, we will both get good news at next months boards. ;) just get that packet updated! Hopefully someone here can speak to whether or not its worthwhile to do 6 LORs instead of the standard 3. I have an 05, 06 and CW5...

Sounds like a solid plan. Im confident with some changes, we will both get good news at next months boards. ;) just get that packet updated! Hopefully someone here can speak to whether or not its worthwhile to do 6 LORs instead of the standard 3. I have an 05, 06 and CW5...

Let me get in on that good luck! Let's have the three of us selected next month! I'm rewriting my resume and raising up my pt score for the next board. I'm hoping that will be enough to make the cut in November. As far as I've heard from senior warrants in the past, 6 letters of recommendation is a gamble because the board has limited time to review your packet. So they might just look at your first three and not look at your others out of the lack of time. It is a gamble. Maybe they look at all 6, maybe they don't.

No, by all means collect 6, then pick the best 3, 1 will get read. This has been covered many times before by people who have sat on the boards. You want to risk them reading the worst one of your 6? Again Im just reiterating what board members have said.

I can attest to this based on information I have herd from people who say on boards. If you do have a letter from a warrant and think the extra one from another pilot you know is better than by all means submit the fourth one. My personal opinion is there is a checklist for a reason. So, I personally submitted it with three. The big part is not just the LOR but the resume. It is very important that it is grammatically sound and brief without leaving out key parts.

• 1 month later...