Current Flight School Timeline

Currently in primary and this is what I have had so far and about 80% what I think I have coming up.

For street to seat it is currently:

10 weeks Basic Training.

5 weeks WOCS (Was 7)

3 weeks AWOBC part 1

3 weeks SERE

22 weeks Primary for UH72.

Then 20-25 weeks advanced based on airframe.

Then another 3 weeks for AWOBC part 2 I believe.

Also throw another 6-10 weeks of being on hold waiting for class dates in there.

I shipped on September 26th 2017, hoping to be to my first unit by July 2019.

That is if you go without any holds. They have pretty minimal holds until primary. I graduated wocs in February and was in sere for May with AWOBC in between. Started primary in July.

Awesome! That makes me feel a little better. From a Guard standpoint, I am still waiting on my Street to Seat dates. This allows me to prepare mentally but get things going.

Did you have time to find a place to live down there? I do have a family, should I work on that before I leave or wait till WOCS is over before getting them down there (I know that is opinion based)?

Personally Im single and had some time during WOCS to sort out a place to stay. Now really sure on the before or after... It is very much your opinion. I would maybe say before if you can get some time to go house shopping so you know its squared away. Definitely make sure your orders are set to have them move down here as wellm heard some guys had issues wih that but they were interservice.

Personally Im single and had some time during WOCS to sort out a place to stay. Now really sure on the before or after... It is very much your opinion. I would maybe say before if you can get some time to go house shopping so you know its squared away. Definitely make sure your orders are set to have them move down here as wellm heard some guys had issues wih that but they were interservice.

Does the army help move you to rucker after WOCS? IE pay for moving truck etc?

Only if you are sister service. And even the. You have to make sure to get your orders to state its a pcs move with dependents. I had to request though HRC a super eeely report date so I could make sure the wife would be squared away before the boot camp-isms of WOCS started

Was it difficult? Honestly with both kids (one being a newborn) and getting ready to leave, I do not think my wife would be able to get everything ready, let alone set for a PCS. I was hoping to be able to have it all ready before BCT....not sure if that is a stretch or what.