#1 WApp

WApp

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 16:09

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what housing on base is like after WOCS is completed, for Single WOs...

Is there some type of pairing system that lets you split BAH and room with another WO while going through Flight school?

#2 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 16:15

http://www.rucker.co...itaryliving.com

You’ll receive BAH and can get a house on or off post.

#3 WApp

WApp

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 16:31

Thanks. Yeah I checked into the housing and everything. I am mainly wondering how it works for Single Soldiers.

From what I can tell, it seems both WO & 2nd Lts. have been rooming up and splitting BAH. I was curious if that was more of a word of mouth type thing or if the military will assist in pairing people up.

Also, if you room with another Soldier in On-post housing, you both split the BAH right?

#4 Tradewinds

Tradewinds

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 17:07

Hello,

Is there some type of pairing system that lets you split BAH and room with another WO while going through Flight school?

Yes, you can share a house on base and you split the rent and keep the extra BAH, or as stated above you can find your own housing off base and split that rent as well. Best bet is to check with others going through WOCS to see if you can find a roommate. I believe the on base housing may have some resources for roommates as well.

#5 flanker

flanker

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 23:43

Find a place off post (alone or room with someone). You will get BAH so its really up to you.

#6 ElJay

ElJay

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 13:24

The on post housing that all my buddies received is on the lower end. And it eats up all your BAH if you have no roommate.

I have a beautiful home right outside the enterprise gate. It eats up all my BAH, but if I had roommates instead of a wife Id be pocketing a couple hundred bucks a months.

#7 WApp

WApp

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 17:21

Thanks for this insight.

For the members that are, or have been through Rucker recently, do you recommend buying a place or renting?

I looked up the on post housing on Rucker and it looks rather shabby, even by Army standards... There are some good options outside of Rucker according to Zillow, But I just don't know what is the best course for a Single Soldier..

#8 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:USMC Infantry, Lawyer(ish)

Posted 07 November 2018 - 17:36

Still thinking of buying, but may rent month-to-month while we look for a place. Not sure I want to buy before dealing with WOCS. 

How many of the rentals have fully fenced in yards? 

Mike

#9 Simpsj17

Simpsj17

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 18:26

I personally found a place to rent for my family for $835 a month. It is a 2 bedroom house in enterprise. So the pricing on housing off base isnt bad you just have to look. You can get more but I wanted bah to cover water electricity etc.

#10 ElJay

ElJay

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:42

Still thinking of buying, but may rent month-to-month while we look for a place. Not sure I want to buy before dealing with WOCS. 

How many of the rentals have fully fenced in yards? 

Mike

Quite a bit. That was a huge factor for me.

Look up 178 Dale Avenue. Thats a house I noticed for rent and its a great example of a house on the upper end of BAH but great location and large fenced in yard.

#11 Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:54

Quite a bit. That was a huge factor for me.

Look up 178 Dale Avenue. Thats a house I noticed for rent and its a great example of a house on the upper end of BAH but great location and large fenced in yard.

pricey. that's 1300 a month

#12 Pluto

Pluto

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:05

I know a friend of mine who is in real estate down in the Ft. Rucker Alabama. You can give him a call if you need a house, he is a nice guy.

Johnny

Office: (334) 774-4663

#13 ElJay

ElJay

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:12

If you have a roommate or wife working thats not too bad. Mikes wife is a nurse and will he making more money than him 🤭
  • mike0331 likes this

#14 Thedavenports

Thedavenports

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 20:57

I've got a buddy that is looking for somebody to rent out a room in his house. He's a cool dude and the house is nice, with a pool and hot tub. I think he is renting it for around $500. Let me know if you want me to link you up with him.

#15 Shadowlurker

Shadowlurker

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:57

I've got a buddy that is looking for somebody to rent out a room in his house. He's a cool dude and the house is nice, with a pool and hot tub. I think he is renting it for around $500. Let me know if you want me to link you up with him.

I'd take him up on that, but I'm still a hot minute away from PCS.

They're messing with me on it because my wife can't move because her MOS doesn't exist on Rucker, so I'm coming in as a "single" E5 with at least two rooms full of stuff... that 100% won't fit into the barracks. I'm going to just eat the cost the first two months since Corvias won't work with me and live off post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Genesys VR Forum 200BE_VRHome200Spectrum_VRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200NFCVRForum200HomeHeliHelmets-VR HomeMaunaLoaVRHome200LORD_VRHome200