Triple-Check before PRK

Hi everyone,

Street to seater here. I'm trying not to let paperwork slip ups ruin my chance to fly. I'll be going in for PRK next month and want to make sure I've got all the forms that the doctor needs to sign off on, pre and post procedure. I've got appendix 2 and 3 from the corneal refractive surgery section ready to go, but is there anything -not- outlined in the aeromedical policy letters that I should be aware of?

My recruiter seemed unsure of the time requirement between eye surgery and my flight physical. All I've seen is that there's a minimum of 3 months, and I need to be recovered enough from surgery to pass the slit lamp exam and low contrast test. Is there any info out there that contradicts this?

Thank you all in advance for any and all info or advice.

P.S No more sitting board for WOFT applicants? Does the packet go straight to the national board?

Hi everyone,

Street to seater here. I'm trying not to let paperwork slip ups ruin my chance to fly. I'll be going in for PRK next month and want to make sure I've got all the forms that the doctor needs to sign off on, pre and post procedure. I've got appendix 2 and 3 from the corneal refractive surgery section ready to go, but is there anything -not- outlined in the aeromedical policy letters that I should be aware of?

My recruiter seemed unsure of the time requirement between eye surgery and my flight physical. All I've seen is that there's a minimum of 3 months, and I need to be recovered enough from surgery to pass the slit lamp exam and low contrast test. Is there any info out there that contradicts this?

Thank you all in advance for any and all info or advice.

P.S No more sitting board for WOFT applicants? Does the packet go straight to the national board?

I have never personally looked up the regs on recovery time but from following this forum, others that have had the procedure done stated that it is a required 3 month recovery for AEROMED. However, MEPS requires a 6 month recovery before they will process you into the Army.