TIS requirement for WOFT?

Hi all!

New user here. I wasn't successful in finding any related threads using the search function so I figured I'd make a new topic. I haven't been able to get in contact with my WO recruiter for a few days. He's been very helpful to me, but I think this can be easily answered by anybody here.

I'm currently AD Army, with 17 months left TIS. I understand that 12 months TIS are required to submit a packet. My question is whether that's upon packet submission, or from the board/selection date?

Thanks for anyone that may be able to offer their help!

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

New user here. I wasn't successful in finding any related threads using the search function so I figured I'd make a new topic. I haven't been able to get in contact with my WO recruiter for a few days. He's been very helpful to me, but I think this can be easily answered by anybody here.

I'm currently AD Army, with 17 months left TIS. I understand that 12 months TIS are required to submit a packet. My question is whether that's upon packet submission, or from the board/selection date?

Thanks for anyone that may be able to offer their help!

I am pretty sure its from the date the packet gets looked at by the board.

Its the date of the board

I had submitted my my package at my 12 month mark and during the review process I was contacted by the proponent saying I need a TIS waiver (11 months left on contract at this point). They made a big deal about needing the waiver but at the same time the waiver itself was not a big deal. It was quickly approved. Of note I was a sister service applicant. So maybe they were more lienlent as getting a conditional release doesnt typically happen until you have less than a year left on contract.

If you have the time though get your package submitted and board ready before your 12 month mark

Its the date of the board

I had submitted my my package at my 12 month mark and during the review process I was contacted by the proponent saying I need a TIS waiver (11 months left on contract at this point). They made a big deal about needing the waiver but at the same time the waiver itself was not a big deal. It was quickly approved. Of note I was a sister service applicant. So maybe they were more lienlent as getting a conditional release doesnt typically happen until you have less than a year left on contract.

If you have the time though get your package submitted and board ready before your 12 month mark

How long after you turned in your waiver to proponent did you get a board ready status? My packet was turned in early Nov but proponent emailed me last Friday and said my waiver memo never made it to them so I emailed it in that same day and they let me know it was being processed. I'm just nervous I won't make the cut off for the Jan. board.

Was selected on September board.

Submitted package end of July. Contacted end of August/early September that I needed a TIS waiver. Took me an hour to type up a letter.

Also had a moral waiver.

The waivers came back approved the Friday before the board. The proponent said they dont process waivers till the week prior of the board. So enjoy being on pins and needles brother lol.

• Like 1

Was selected on September board.

Submitted package end of July. Contacted end of August/early September that I needed a TIS waiver. Took me an hour to type up a letter.

Also had a moral waiver.

The waivers came back approved the Friday before the board. The proponent said they dont process waivers till the week prior of the board. So enjoy being on pins and needles brother lol.

Sounds like they approved your waivers pretty quickly then. I keep hearing the moral waiver process takes a pretty long and I will also need 1(or 2). I'm hoping to submit my packet this week and I'm crossing my fingers ill be board ready for March.

Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna end up re-enlisting anyways so it won't matter in the end.

• 7 months later...