Why I want to be an Army Aviator Essay

Just revised my essay after utilizing a lot more resources. If anybody has some tips, please let me know.

Again, my situation with why I'm here could be pretty confusing. If you have questions about me that could help you advise me on my essay please ask away.

During my undergraduate education I assumed a wide range of activities that developed my leadership, time management, and administrative skills. I learned to balance the demands of my academic program and desire to serve my community by serving as Senior Class President, Vice President of the Sigma Pi Fraternity, and chair holder for the campus Judicial Board. My undergraduate time culminated with a 3.89 GPA, and an offer to continue my studies in a graduate level program.

After graduation, I enlisted into the United States Army. Within two years, I earned the Bronze Star Medal with Valor, Army Commendation Medal, two Army Achievement Medals, Air Assault Badge, and the Combat Action Badge. At the Army Basic Leader Course, I graduated both with academic honors, and with the Iron Man Award as the top physical graduate. I was hand-selected by my commander to represent my unit in the national Best Warrior Competition, where my leadership, mental grit, grasp of military fundamentals, and ability to handle pressure with sound judgment--all desirable skills for an Army Aviator, were measured. After placing second in my division, I decided it was time to take my military career to the next level with my newly honed skills.

What I love most about the Army is it’s focus on the most essential element of war, the infantrymen. My most inspirational moments were hearing their stories in hostile territory, only coming to a positive ending through aviation support. Due to this, I attempted to enter Army Flight School. Unfortunately, the timing was not right, but I refused to let that stop me. I eagerly entered Navy Flight, and there ran into my first great challenge, the possibility of failure. It was at this moment that I learned that true difficulty is not the end, but the opportunity to become something better, to learn from my first encounter with failure and come out stronger. My experience as a Soldier has taught me that the men and women of the US Army are the bravest people in the world and when faced with a difficulty they get up, evaluate the situation and move out. I cannot think of a more fulfilling and meaningful career than helping them accomplish their mission, as well as ensuring their safe return home to their families, by serving as an Army Aviator.