January 2019 Board

Hey everyone! I just thought I'd start a thread for those that plan on being on the January board. I just put my packet in today, now all I have to do is keep my packet up-to-date and wait.

My stats:

GT Score: 118

SIFT: 59

APFT: 283

LOR's: CW5, O-3(Current CO), O-3(Former CO), O-5(Current BC)

College: Some, 10 credits for an AS in Aeronautical Science

Flight: None

Good luck man and thanks for starting this thread. I MAY be there. Prob not but there's a chance. My stats are:

GT: 128

SIFT: 62

APFT: 300

Prior service: Enlisted Army e-5, currently AD but separating Naval Officer

Flight Time: 13.5 hours, 1 fixed wing solo

College: B.S, 1 semester of grad work

LOR's: O-5, O-4, CW5, CW5

Just got mine in a few days ago. I don't really understand the typical format of stats on this forum. Particularly people putting their upslip. It's not shown to the board and you aren't sending in a packet without a 2808 so why do people put "physical: stamped"? Anyway, I have a 126 GT and 60 SIFT, 279 APFT, as well as two bachelors degrees and around 300 CE hours. My understanding from meeting with the Brigade CCWO is that his letter and your essay play a huge role. You being able to effectively communicate and sell yourself as well as a senior warrant officer vouching hardcore for you. It needs to be quantifiable as well. Your packet needs things that show you are unique because all of us have good numbers, so you need to have things that make you shine above your peers.

Turned in my packet in Nov and then had to leave for JRTC before I could make corrections. Corrections are now complete and should be good for Jan. Board.

GT: 124

Sift: 61

APFT: 283

LoRs: CW5(BlackHawk Pilot), Company Commander, Battalion Commander, NYS Senator

School: BS Health Studies 3.1 GPA

Military: Currently 2 years Enlisted E-4 Active Duty Horizontal Engineer, Air Assault, TS/SCI clearance

Physical: Rucker Stamped

How did yall get in contact with your senior warrants?

I'm fortunate to have a pretty awesome history of service in the Army in my family. My dad was in SF with a CWO, who retired at CW5 and as the commandant of the Special Forces Warrant Officer Institute. I have met him several times, and he agreed to interview me for a recommendation letter. He did not go easy on me lol. I was lucky and didn't have to try too hard to get in touch with a Senior Warrant.

My post has a RC Aviation unit and I saw to CW3's on day at the Post Exchange while getting food. Respectfully, I asked if they knew any CW5's on post and to my luck, they did. I went and met with him in and explained who I was, what I wanted and why. Senior warrants get requests to recommend people all the time so they are fairly used to meeting people (at least mine was).

If you do that just make sure you come prepared with your otherwise completed packet.

That info should be for any time you request an interview with a CW3-5

Luckily my BC and my CWOB were good friends which I didnt know about. I was waiting on my BC letter when I asked for an interview and told him my BC name and that was pretty much my interview haha.

Knocking on that CWOB door is in my opinion and many others, the best option

Networked and met the CH53 driver who wrote one of my letters. I was waiting in a small airport to go fly Cessnas with him and five Warrant Officers strolled in. I recognized them as aviators, so I introduced myself to the group as a WOFT candidate looking to learn from their experiences.

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

• Like 1

My recruiter is telling me I don't need to have my flight physical completed for the board... just the physical at MEPS. Can anyone confirm if that's accurate

He may be referring to your battalion board but I'm pretty sure they don't do those anymore. Flight physical is required for your packet to be board ready.. the recruiters won't send your packet to proponent unless it's 100% done.

He may be referring to your battalion board but I'm pretty sure they don't do those anymore. Flight physical is required for your packet to be board ready.. the recruiters won't send your packet to proponent unless it's 100% done.

No he was talking about the flight physical... he said they do it when you get to rucker but it sounds totally wrong. How did you schedule yours? Im just going to schedule it myself

It has to be completed before your packet goes to the board. The recruiter may have something mixed up.

I actually called Ft. Rucker and spoke to a woman there and she gave me great information on what to do. She actually gave me the number for the closest Army base to me that I had to get my flight physical done with and I called them and started the process. The recruiter still has to follow up and get the appointment scheduled, but I had to get the phone numbers to call and forward it to them.

• Like 1

No he was talking about the flight physical... he said they do it when you get to rucker but it sounds totally wrong. How did you schedule yours? Im just going to schedule it myself

Civilian route and Enlisted are a little bit different as I just went through my Brigade flight Doc. I would imagine that you would need to contact someone on a post near wherever you are from and get something set up. It's probably one of the most time consuming pieces of your warrant packet depending on how well you track people down and whether or not they have a busy schedule.. which most do. You will be fine though, definitely do what Gage said and contact Rucker in order to get your POC for the physical.

Can't wait for January!

Status: Active Duty National Guard, Engineer Officer (1LTP)

GT Score: 129

SIFT: 67

APFT: 287

LOR's: CW5 (CAB CCWO), Current CO, Current BC

College: B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 3.11 GPA

Flight: 12.6 hours fixed wing, completed ground school

Can't wait for January!

After being told I was "board ready" for every board since July hahaha I am FINALLY 100% going to this board. At least it's not all that far away!

Civilian

SIFT: 59
APFT: 300
LOR's: Army MG AV, Army CW4 AV, Army 1SG IN, Former Employer
Flight Time: 15hrs (2hrs solo, Cessna 172 & Katana DA20)
Education: B.S.B.A. Business Management 3.5 GPA
Physical: Qualified (twice haha doing this so long my first one expired)
Waivers: PRK & Moral

Hi everyone! It's great to see everyone excited to drop their WOFT packets. I am a street-to-seat warrant who was picked up on the February 2018 board. I am currently waiting to start common core in flight school down here at Fort Rucker. I will be available to answer any questions you all may have regarding basic training, WOCS, WOBC, SERE, Fort Rucker, and anything else you can think of regarding the WOFT process. I will also be available to help anyone once you arrive here at Fort Rucker for WOCS. Feel free to PM me or post in the board and I will reply ASAP.

WO1 Bryce Desy

Hello everyone, I submitted my packet 3 weeks ago for the January board. Now on to wait and hope for the best. Wish everyone good luck.

Status: Active Duty, Army on year 5. E-5 Aircraft Structural repair/ aviation

GT Score: 115

SIFT: 55

APFT: 297

LOR's: Company CDR, Bat CDR, Bat chief Warrant/MTP

College: 129 College Credits 3.55 GPA

Physical : stamped and approved